Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoLab *Full volume* loud static coming from BeoLab Please help :'(

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Nonalphanumeric
    BRONZE Member

Hi there! I have a couple of BeoLabs that have done the same thing now, totally separate houses. The first one was a BeoLab 4000 MKII which started making a full on loud static once powered on and now one of my BeoLab 1’s has done it. I’m devastated and have tested everything except the PCBs inside. The BeoLab 1 has MIRACULOUSLY returned to normal after being unplugged for a week, but the 4000 appears to be stuck in retard mode. :'(

Does anyone know what this issue is?? I was gussing that the amp PCB was done for, but hoping others have encountred this issue and there is a DIY fix available such as a wire connection inside or a solder ot a capacitor… Finding a new PCB or internal for a BeoLab 1 is HELLISHLY expensive and not p;ossible for me.

Any help would be appreacited, thank you.

PS it is not the cables or the BeoSound unit as have tried it with other sources, it is an internal issue in the speakers.

Beobuddy
      FOUNDER Member

The BL4000mk2 needs a new or another ICE amplifer. Be carefull as the erractic sounds may harm the tweeter. Wouldn’t be the first that has been ceased because of the sound.

The BL1 needs a service, which I might be able to provide. It’s not just a capacitor/wire/whatever.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.