BL5 Bass/room calibration and Theatre

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoLab BL5 Bass/room calibration and Theatre

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bsantini1
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 8
      • Total Posts 16

Hi

I apologize in advance for the constant flow of questions regarding my new Theatre.

I have a pair of BL 5s that have been my primary LR speakers in a Beosystem 3 7.1 configuration. I have not moved these at all, and they have been room calibrated but twice, the last time being 7 years ago. Now that I have installed a new Theatre and LG G3 and have set a single “couch center” listening position, I wonder how the BL5 room calibrations works together, or not, with the Theatre.

Any ideas?

Mr10Percent
      BRONZE Member
        • Topics Started 9
        • Total Posts 511

The Theatre – with RoomSense listens to the pre-calibrated output of the BL5 in terms of distance, timing and tonal response. The DSP in the Theatre then applies an adjustment to its own output to “optimise” the combined effort.

I.e. Pre-calibration of the BL5 (it’s own calibration pair) when given a flat impulse at a given frequency……..sounds like your BL5 in your listening position. A set of internal reference values in the Theatre then says……”can add/subtract a bit more lower frequency boost” to stay within agreed frequency envelope.

That’s my slant on it.

Millemissen
        BRONZE Member
          • Flensborg————Danmark
          • Topics Started 21
          • Total Posts 1,043

No problem in posting qustions – I guess all interested forum members can learn when other people post questions and (maybe) also get answers.

You may perceive the sound from your 5’s – as well as from the entire setup – as different from before….exactly because the BS Theatre takes all speakers and the room in account.

Most people say that they think their speakers sound better when connected to the Theatre – however, better/worse is a very personal matter.

With the Theatre you have lots of options to tweak the sound to your own liking, should you not be satisfied.
          I’d suggest to make more listening positions with the same speaker configuration, location etc and then tweak one of those in order to make comparisons.

MM

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoLab BL5 Bass/room calibration and Theatre

• You must be logged in to create new topics.