Beogram 3000 quality and speed vs record size

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums BeoWorld around the world! Nordic Beogram 3000 quality and speed vs record size

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    drfresh
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 3

I have a chance of buying (for a good price) a potentially falty (but I hope to fix it) Beogram 3000 (this model: https://beoworld.org/prod_details.asp?pid=288).

I have a Beomaster 3000-2 and a set of Beovox S45-2 on original stands. Now this set just sounds amazing!

I read that the Beogram 3000 matches this set perfect.

Now two questions: how does the Beogram 3000 sound (providing it works and is fitted with the original stylus)? I know this is not an objective question. But how good is dynamics, frequency range, stereo separation? Maybe compared to earlier/later models that would fit my setup. I do listen to high quality records from the golden age.

And secondly: I read it’s automatic (speed relates to record size). Can I then not play a 12″ on 45 RPM? I do like sometimes to listen to seventies and early eighties 12″ singles which often plays at 45.

Thanks for any advice/help!

AdamS
      GOLD Member
        • Topics Started 3
        • Total Posts 117

In my very humble opinion the Beograms of that era are very decent sounding decks and the 3000 is a good one. Make sure the stylus is in good order and it should perform very well. A Thorens or Acoustical based version of the earlier Beogram 3000 is better, but you’ll pay a lot more for one of these (a lot, lot more in the case of the Thorens!) and they are both becoming quite rare now.

As to the 12″ single thing, this isn’t the best deck for this. If I remember correctly, you have to set it to start playing on its 7″ 45rpm setting and then manually lift the arm back to the start of the 12″ disc.

drfresh
        BRONZE Member
          • Topics Started 1
          • Total Posts 3

Thanks Adam!

I’ll check it out – the one I have om hand is quite cheap (less than 100 EUR). It may need some fixing but not sure. Anyway I’ll go for that one a experiment with the 12 inch maxis. Otherwise I’ll look for something else. For the price it seems like a good option for now to complete my vintage setup.

Thanks again!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums BeoWorld around the world! Nordic Beogram 3000 quality and speed vs record size

• You must be logged in to create new topics.