Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoSound Theatre Theatre issues

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    355f
    BRONZE Member

Had the theatre for 5 months now and find that sometimes the product will not respond to the BR1  all options dissapperar from the BR1 and the TV will not operate without reoeated power cycling- has any one else had this problem

Ingo
      BRONZE Member

Hello,

I’ve had the same problem couple days ago.

The main problem is, that the ethernet connection is gone between the LG-TV and the soundcenter: That’s the reason why the BR1 cannot find the soundcenter.
        Based on the IP address after which the tv wanted to connect to the soundcenter, this could not work either.
        That was an IP address for bluetooth connection.
        There was probably a node in the data exchange between the two devices.

I spend a lot of time to reset the system, also the LG-TV, set up both units again after the factory reset.
        I first set up the TV again and disconnected the mains connection to the Soundcenter.
        Since the soundcenter was without power, I could only set up Internet access from the TV via W-Lan.
        I deactivated the Quickstart.
        I also installed the B&O software. Although the Soundcenter had no power, the TV switched the sound output to HDMI-ARC.
        I switched the TV back to standby and disconnected it from the mains after an hour.
        After one hour it was the soundcenter’s turn. Here, too, I set everything up again.
        The Soundcenter was then switched to standby.
        Now I reconnected the TV to the mains.
        Everything was immediately available, including the Ethernet connection to the Soundcenter.

Good luck, I hope it helps you

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

beojeff
        BRONZE Member

I’ve found that usually switching the product controlled by the Beoremote One and then switching it back to the Theatre will re-establish the connection.

I’ve also found that replacing the batteries of the Beoremote One restores a stronger connection.

Ingo
          BRONZE Member

Yes that’s right, restarting the soundbar can help.
            But the dropouts were too much at the end.
            Strange is only that after switching on the setup everything was o.k..
            After a certain time nothing worked with the BR1, only the volume control, but without the display on the screen.
            With the “magic remote control” it showed the regulation, but then it was without function.
            I then had to use two remotes to operate the set-up.
            A battery change is then useful when they are empty, you can measure; with me it did not help.
            A question on the side: if I have selected a speaker group and then go back to theatre alone, that takes me quite a long time, so about 15 seconds, is that the same for you?
            So change in the middle of the film is not good, then only during commercial breaks.

Have a nice evening
            greetings from bremen, northern germany

Ingo

Millemissen
            BRONZE Member
              • Flensborg————Danmark

A question on the side: if I have selected a speaker group and then go back to theatre alone, that takes me quite a long time, so about 15 seconds, is that the same for you?

Yes, there is still a bug there!

MM

Ingo
              BRONZE Member

“Without words. com”

Yesterday evening the same problem.
                No connection from the TV to the Soundcenter.
                BR1 without function except for volume, but without display.

It was also noticeable that the function LED was constantly white, which is usually only in line-in operation, so if I only listen to music via the Beosound 9000.

Then rebooted once again, then the BR1 had no connection to the Souncenter.
                The batteries are full, even when I took the BR1 out of the case and then brought back together there was no change.
                TV could only be turned on with the app and the Magic Control.

BR1 then decoupled from soundcenter, then reestablished the pairing.
                Currently it runs again, until the next crash.

There will probably be another mega bug in the B&O app, my guess.
                Is the G3 from LG at all compatible with the theatre?

I had separated from Eclipse, because of massive image errors on the panel.
                The display would also still have been available.
                That would be older panel, but a fully functional setup.

My satisfaction is so far within limits.

Many greetings

Ingo

SimonWeir
                BRONZE Member

Ingo, Theatre is compatible with the LG G3.  In fact I had my Theatre connected to a G2 for 8 months and experienced more bugs than I do now with the G3.  It should be noted all the software updates to the Theatre were when I was running a G2.

Between the G2 and G3, for me it was worth the extra money to exchange so soon.  The picture is better, and the TVs menu much better… I now have screen off as soon as I select options on the BR1.

Believe the hype MLA makes a huge difference for films.  It is a perfect partner to the Theatre.

rpaul
                  SILVER Member

Since May this year I have a brand new Theatre with LG G3 55″ connected. Soon after installation I had problems with the connection between Theatre and LG. Especially a message came up on the LG sying that the connection to the B&O euipment was discontinued, a frequent disconnect of the WLAN too and last but not least the BR1 did not function except for volume control and on/off. B&O support suggested to switch off CEC on my Panasonic Blue Ray which I have connectrd to HDMI on Theatre with PUC. Ths seemed to fix the problems, however the issue with th BR1 ist still present. I made a complete factory reset, no success. Once a day the BR1 looses control over the LG, switching mains on/off of the LG just for a second puts the BR1 again in control of the LG. B&O support was nt of any help so far, so I keep fixing the issue with the power on/off solution. And the message still comes up once in a while, however obviously without any consequences. The message is in German (Ihr Bang & Olufsen Produkt wurde getrennt ….. LAN Verbindung wieder hergestellt).

Greetings, Paul

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.