Home Forums General Discussion & Questions LAN Cable Alternatives

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    NQVHNWI
    FOUNDER Member

Im sure some people on this forum will have strong views on this but does anyone have real experience?

Im planning some long runs from the Theatre to Height Loudspeakers. The “umbilical loom” from the Theatre to everywhere is getting quite chunky and unmanageable.

It seems logical to me that it should be possible to use a couple of long-run flat CAT7 or 8’s from the Theatre to wherever you need and terminate as is or with an RJ45 to DIN converter?

I know the BL90 totally works with CAT7 powerlink and with the DPL interconnect so is there a limitation doing the same connecting to the Beolab3?

Tignum
      GOLD Member
        • Netherlands

Hi Mr10Percent,

I use TIA/EIA 568 B standard mounted CAT7 in wall cabling, driving (a.o.) BeoLab 4000s. The cables are terminated with in wall RJ45 sockets, and I use RJ45 to DIN PowerLink cables. BeoLab 3s (also ICEpower) should then be OK too I reckon.

Member tuttivini cut off one RJ45 plug from Cat7 patch cables and soldered DIN plugs to them. He told me it worked fine.

You state ‘flat CAT7′, not sure if that makes any difference? It is the same shielding classification right?

Hope this helps. Johan

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.