Beosystem 3 and Penta displays

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoSystem Beosystem 3 and Penta displays

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    a2bur
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 3
      • Total Posts 6

Hello all . I have a cinema set up with a Beosystem 3 at the heart , 6 Penta mk3’s and master linked Bombaster 4500 and Cd and in the past got all the Penta displays to show the Beomaster info but stop a while ago. Got my B and O installer ( who set it up initially ) to sort it but couldn’t . Disappointed but thought i would try a 4 pin Din to one speaker ( the flat centre and 3 round pin type ) and to my surprise all 6 Penta displays came to life . All the power links are still connected to the system 3 and can only assume the Beomaster info is leaking to all the Penta’s via the master link cables . I was told the System 3 didn’t support data for the displays but this walk around seams to work .

Tignum
      GOLD Member
        • Netherlands
        • Topics Started 8
        • Total Posts 365

Hi a2bur, and welcome to the (new) forum. Good to hear that it is solved. Thanks for sharing. Did you make an additional 4 pin connection between the BeoSystem 3 and one Penta then?

Must sound good with six Pentas 🙂

Johan

a2bur
        BRONZE Member
          • Topics Started 3
          • Total Posts 6

Hi . The din goes from the beomaster 4500 to one penta , can only assume the master link data pins are linked in the beosystem 3 . Only get a display showing the 4500 data , nothing when playing a dvd

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoSystem Beosystem 3 and Penta displays

• You must be logged in to create new topics.