Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoLab Help wanted with Beolab 8000

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    IanO
    BRONZE Member

Hi everyone, I am hoping someone can help me find a solution for the issues I am having with my speakers.

As background, I inherited a pair of Beolab 8000s about a year ago.  They only came with the powerlink cables.

After some research (mainly here!), I worked out that to attach them to my TV (Panasonic TX-49EX580B) I needed an AV receiver with a pre-out.  So I bought a second hand Cambridge Audio Azure 540R.  And it worked – for a bit.

I went on holiday and powered everything off at the mains and when I came back – the volume is up at max – even though the receiver volume was at minimum.

What I cannot figure out is if the receiver is the issue or the speakers?  I have tried resetting the Azure, with no difference in result.

Assuming the receiver is the issue – are there better options to consider, for example is a DAC with volume control a reasonable alternative?

I will take any/all alternative suggestions.

Thanks

Ian

DanteM
      BRONZE Member

I’m using a bluetooth receiver with RCA out to connect my Lg to the BL8000.

My TV only have optical and hdmi out, hence the solution.

IanO
        BRONZE Member

Thanks – can you give me more detail on how that works?  Sorry am a but of a novice with this stuff!

Ian

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.