UK based repair needed

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions UK based repair needed

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    herrit
      • Topics Started 6
      • Total Posts 20

I am looking for someone in the UK – ideally somewhere in the south east – to fix the following …

1. Beogram 5500 (Type 5941, ~1988)- muting relay is probably not working correctly, as the LH channel more often than not only plays (very briefly) at needle drop / needle raise
      2. Master Control Panel (Type 1551, ~1989) – the opto-reader is not working properly

Does anyone know who could help me?

Many thanks,

Julian (Mid Sussex, UK)

altist
        • Topics Started 2
        • Total Posts 7

Might I suggest trying Quality Dream Audio for starters..they are based near Lewes. Ray has a lot of experience repairing B&O items of all eras, and can advise what is possible.

AdamS
          • Topics Started 4
          • Total Posts 93

Tim Jarman is also in that area (Farnborough, Hampshire) and I can pass on his details if you’d like.

However, I hate to break it to you but the brief flash of music at stylus drop/raise on a Beogram is a classic sign of failed suspension on the cartridge. Your MMC will need a re-build.

Mr10Percent
          BRONZE Member
            • Topics Started 9
            • Total Posts 457

Ron from http://www.beorepairs.comĀ  (email: sales@beo.repair) rebuilt, recapped and fixed the tracking on my Beogram8002 a few years back. The deck had been mis-diagnosed by another UK repairer.

I believe there are things he can and cannot repair. The BG5500 I doubt will be a problem, but Im not sure on the remote.

He’s based in North Shropshire / Market Drayton area.

herrit
              • Topics Started 6
              • Total Posts 20

Thanks everyone! Quality Dream Audio are so close that I have booked a visit on Thursday. Fingers crossed that it is a simple fix …

pepps
                • Kent, UK
                • Topics Started 26
                • Total Posts 127

Good luck with that repair @herrit and let us know how you get on.

Julian

herrit
                  • Topics Started 6
                  • Total Posts 20

Wilco ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.