B&O app in landscape on Android

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions B&O app in landscape on Android

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    XavierItzmann
      • Topics Started 31
      • Total Posts 130

On our various iPads, if we turn the screen to landscape mode, the B&O app also switches to landscape mode, automatically.

On an 8” Fire tablet (12th Gen., most recent model), the Android version of the B&O doesn’t switch.  At all!

Is this because B&O hasn’t programmed landscape mode, or because the tablet is too small (8” doesn’t feel all that much larger than a modern telephone), or is this a common defect to all sizes of Android tablets that have the B&O app?

Thanks in advance,

matteventu
        • Topics Started 0
        • Total Posts 56

Even on larger Android tablets it doesn’t work in landscape, unfortunately.

chartz
          • Burgundy
          • Topics Started 3
          • Total Posts 199

I don’t like Android at all. One more reason 😂

XavierItzmann
            • Topics Started 31
            • Total Posts 130

Thanks matteventu and chartz.

It is good to know no tablet version of the B&O app will turn to landscape: that is clearly a defect.

I forced mine to go to landscape using a program called “Rotation Control”, available on the Google Play store at no charge.  This program is a little spy: it will capture every keystroke, including passwords, and whatever you do on the device.  So I used the spy to force-rotate the device, turned off all privileges to the spy program, and terminated the spy.  The rotation held.

IMG_8595

Now, this device is set up to never sleep (it is on 24×7 since a few weeks ago), has its own exclusive fake Google account, has all possible “privacy” restrictions turned on, and has no software installed other than B&O: it is simply a remote control.

What’s nice is that the tablet sits on a wireless charger stand immediately to the right of my reading chair, at arm’s length, so if I want to select other music, I simply grab the tablet.   My other purpose was to be able to see what’s playing and to favorite any song playing.

IMG_8594

I understand this series of Amazon products are the only wireless recharging tablet/stand combos.

There are also other means of forcing the B&O app to appear landscape.  The best appears to be to hook up the tablet to a computer and to use software to force landscape.  Maybe I’ll get around to it someday, but for the time being the current solution appears to be stable.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds