Beosystem 72-97

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Beosystem 72-97

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    matador
      • Paris France
      • Topics Started 48
      • Total Posts 689

Hi alls,

Beosystem 72-22 is a beautiful thing but far beyond my reach. It still inspired me the Unofficial Beosystem 72-97 (after the year of the speakers…).

IMG_9377IMG_9380IMG_9378IMG_9379

Still missing are the 30 cm feet for the cabinet (5€ each).

In the cabinet there is an old Beosound Ouverture acting as “Center” for radio, CD, Tape and A.AUX/Phono through an RIAA preamp.

The deck is (should be!) updated with the Beolover remote control board that allows the deck to be remote controlled with an Apple remote, which IR codes are fully available for the Beo5/6 remote. Thanks to the Beo6 programming capabilities, the controls are available after selecting the phono input for the Beocenter.

Ideally, I’d like to derivate the internal tape line in to turn it into an Airplay/Chromecast input. It can be made easily with a cassette adapter but I already can hear screams !

Anyway , even if all this work fine, I had to keep it as a concept since :
      1- I have no room to store away all the vintage thing that are usually standing there.
      2-I’m not really satisfied with the rendering of the BL8000 vs the usual S-45-2 from the old system. Even if they (8000’s) perform better with the Beogram than with other sources.

Bottom line: The Beo6 Rocks !

beosince
        • Topics Started 5
        • Total Posts 25

Very cool! Today I exchanged the plinth of my Beogram to a wallnut one, to match the recently released Beosystem 😉

E972D9D7-47B4-4712-B56F-F4F1E828E26A

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
          • Topics Started 59
          • Total Posts 328

Hi matador,

I love this Beosystem! Which cabinet did you use please? Do you have any pictures with the feet added please?

kind regards Steve.

matador
            • Paris France
            • Topics Started 48
            • Total Posts 689

Sorry, I forgot I never posted pictures with the feet. Here they are!

IMG_0649IMG_0648IMG_0651IMG_0650IMG_0652

Madskp
              • Denmark
              • Topics Started 53
              • Total Posts 609

Very nice looking setup. I like the detail with the lamellas on the cabinet.

If you still need to connect airplay/cromecast  as you mention in your first post you could always try if the 1611 coverter will give you an extra  input or two

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
                • Topics Started 59
                • Total Posts 328

Thanks matador,

That looks great! I have a spare Moment base unit (the tablet doesn’t work), so I am thinking about using this for streaming, with the Aux input for a Beogram. A cabinet like this could be just right….

Kind regards, Steve.

matador
                  • Paris France
                  • Topics Started 48
                  • Total Posts 689

If you still need to connect airplay/cromecast  as you mention in your first post you could always try if the 1611 coverter will give you an extra  input or two

The Beosound Ouverture in the cabinet as since then be replaced by a Playmaker for streaming, including radios. It drives the BL8000 but also a Beolink Passive and a pair of C40 in the back. The Ouverture you see in the pictures is just there for when/if I need to listen to a tape or a CD. And also because I have no other place to store it!

Madskp
                    • Denmark
                    • Topics Started 53
                    • Total Posts 609

If you still need to connect airplay/cromecast as you mention in your first post you could always try if the 1611 coverter will give you an extra input or two

The Beosound Ouverture in the cabinet as since then be replaced by a Playmaker for streaming, including radios. It drives the BL8000 but also a Beolink Passive and a pair of C40 in the back. The Ouverture you see in the pictures is just there for when/if I need to listen to a tape or a CD. And also because I have no other place to store it!

Ahh then you are all covered with all sources in this setup 🙂

marc spudsy
                      • Topics Started 0
                      • Total Posts 4

This is an interesting idea, one i think i will have a go at too

marc spudsy
                        • Topics Started 0
                        • Total Posts 4

cabinet bought and built, inside, the socket unit and a beomedia 1, aux in to a turntable, room for recors and my network router (excuse the mess currently decorating, its the only bit of spare room i have to set it up)

351452228_1884176371955307_9594711915478538_n351514910_645697817409229_483598668740039000_n

next job cut a round disc of aluminium out of a 3mm sheet, i think thats going to be tricky

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds