Beosound Century CD lens replacement – difficulty removing the old lense

Home Forums The Workbench Beosound Century CD lens replacement – difficulty removing the old lense

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    langasi
      • Vilnius, Lithuania
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 3

Hi all,

First of all, I’d like to mention that although this is my first post here, I’ve been visiting this forum for quite some time now to read up on all the knowledge accrued here over the years, and it’s been very helpful on multiple occasions. So thank you all for that! Since the covid hit, I’ve been enjoying a new hobby of buying various vintage B&O gear, and fixing it, while  learning about how it works.

At the moment I am replacing a cd mechanism in a Beosound  Century, and I’ve hit a certain roadblock. I would like to remove the laser lens and install a new one. However I found that that a gear that is moving the lens up and down is blocking the removal path, and I need to remove gear first. See the white gear in the photo below. I’ve tried pulling it upwards but it seems to be pretty firmly in place. I don’t want to break anything, so would like to confirm with someone who has done this before. Does anyone know – should I simply apply more force or is there another way to it?9D39BD03-5E90-4627-B57B-2686ABCC2526

Many thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds