Beosound 9000 sledge touches the back of the CDs – The solution

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Beosound 9000 sledge touches the back of the CDs – The solution

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    pierre69
      • Lyon, France
      • Topics Started 4
      • Total Posts 7

Hello all !

I write this topic because my Beosound 9000 had a small problem, as mentioned in the title of the topic, the sledge was touching the back of the CDs.

I found this very useful topic on the forum that put me on the right way.

https://archivedforum2.beoworld.co.uk/forums/p/9723/295830.aspx#295830

In this topic, it is said that the problem comes from two faulty parts. The rocker arm n°9134 and the damper n°46. See the drawing below.

schéma

You can access to these parts by removing the bottom plate of the unit. Be careful, when removing it, there is grounds connected to the plate. It is easier to remove the top plate to disconnect the grounds.

The rocker arm n°9134

Rocker arm

The damper n°46

Damper

This week a friend of mine went to the local B&O reseller to order this two parts for me. But unfortunatly, they told her that these parts were no longer available. But the technician was very kind, he call me on the phone and tell me that maybe he could provide me these parts if he find a broken unit.

So in my mind, I started thinking of how I could repair it without new parts. I doubted that the rocker was faulty, because according to me the mechanism is too weak to bend an aluminium part.

I concentrated myself on the damper. It looks like a silicone tube. I start thinking that the damper is maybe worn so the mechanism is not going down enough. So I put a heat shrink tube over the damper to slightly increase the diameter.

Like this.

IMG_0958

I reassemble all the parts. Here is the rocker arm back in place.

IMG_0961

Detail of the damper with the heat shrink tube over it.

IMG_0959

And after this little modification, my Beosound 9000 works perfectly ! I am very happy.

The sledge fly over the CDs without touching them.

I hope this topic can help people who have the same issue with their BS9000.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds