Beolink Converter NL/ML

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Beolink Converter NL/ML

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Frog
      • Topics Started 18
      • Total Posts 66

I’m trying to connect a BLC to a NK/ML mixed network. to do this, I’ve connected a Beolink Passive (with speakers attached) to a BeoLink Converter NL/ML via Masterlink , the Beolink Converter NL/ML is  in turn is connected to the NL network. I already have an audio master in the ML network. Connecting the Beolink passive to the ML network works fine – but as I want to move this to a different location, I have the converter in-between

I’m at a loss how to configure the Beolink Converter NL/ML – A.Master shouldn’t work as I already have one, but A.Slave doesn’t allow me to select any sources on the NL (or ML) network with the Beolink Passive/

Carolpa
        • Topics Started 8
        • Total Posts 196

I’m trying to connect a BLC to a NK/ML mixed network. to do this, I’ve connected a Beolink Passive (with speakers attached) to a BeoLink Converter NL/ML via Masterlink , the Beolink Converter NL/ML is in turn is connected to the NL network. I already have an audio master in the ML network. Connecting the Beolink passive to the ML network works fine – but as I want to move this to a different location, I have the converter in-between I’m at a loss how to configure the Beolink Converter NL/ML – A.Master shouldn’t work as I already have one, but A.Slave doesn’t allow me to select any sources on the NL (or ML) network with the Beolink Passive/

Question 1: which of the following is your setup
        a. BL Passive ML connected to BLC – NL devices – another BLC ML connected to your A.Master, or
        b. A.Master ML connected to BL Passive ML connected to BLC – NL devices?

Question 2: which NL devices are connected?

Question 3: you want to move the BLC/BL Passive, does this room have a NL device?

Frog
          • Topics Started 18
          • Total Posts 66

Here are my answers:

Question 1: which of the following is your setup
          a. BL Passive ML connected to BLC – NL devices – another BLC ML connected to your A.Master, or
          b. A.Master ML connected to BL Passive ML connected to BLC – NL devices?

>>config A is the setup

Question 2: which NL devices are connected?

>> I have a Beosystem 4, the other NL/ML converter, a Beovision 11

Question 3: you want to move the BLC/BL Passive, does this room have a NL device?

>> no, it’s a bathroom, so no other device is in the room.

Carolpa
            • Topics Started 8
            • Total Posts 196

Here are my answers: Question 1: which of the following is your setup a. BL Passive ML connected to BLC – NL devices – another BLC ML connected to your A.Master, or b. A.Master ML connected to BL Passive ML connected to BLC – NL devices? >>config A is the setup Question 2: which NL devices are connected? >> I have a Beosystem 4, the other NL/ML converter, a Beovision 11 Question 3: you want to move the BLC/BL Passive, does this room have a NL device? >> no, it’s a bathroom, so no other device is in the room.

So, I’m correct to state the system is like this:
            BL Passive ML connected to a BLC – NL connected to a Beosystem 4, BV11 and another BLC with an A.Master ML connected. Right?
            Are there more ML devices connected to the A.Master? or speakers connected?

Frog
              • Topics Started 18
              • Total Posts 66

Yes, as above. There are more ML devices connected (too many to list!) no speakers are connected to either BLC ML/NLs. I’ve used the first BLC-ML/NL as a bridge between the two networks – and its working fine/

Carolpa
                • Topics Started 8
                • Total Posts 196

Yes, as above. There are more ML devices connected (too many to list!) no speakers are connected to either BLC ML/NLs. I’ve used the first BLC-ML/NL as a bridge between the two networks – and its working fine/.

I would make the next setup:
                a. Disconnect the ML between the BLC and the BL Passive
                b. Connect both with PL
                c. Set this BLC as V.Master
                d. Set for this BLC “Networklink”, “Connect to (primary)”: the other BLC
                e. Be sure all the sources of the other BLC are set in “Experiece mapped to NL”
                f. advice: add an IR-eye to the BLC (with the BL passive connected; IR-eye with the “JOIN” button)

to listen to your A.Master on the BLC with the BL Passive.
                1. open B&o app
                2. tap the BLC (with the BL Passive)
                3. tap the black bar below with the name of this BLC
                4. tap the three dots
                5. select the/ a source of the A.Master

To test this setup, I have connected BL8000 to a BLC. Another BLC is ML connected to a BS3000. The sources CD, Radio and Aux are made available to NL. The BS3000 BLC is set “Connect to (primary)”.
                As described I started the BS3000 CD to the other BLC.

addition: to be able to set the volumes of the BLC, go to “Settings”, “Beolink” and set the “BLC Network Link volume” in the App

Frog
                  • Topics Started 18
                  • Total Posts 66

Thanks – I’ll give this a go – basically using the BLP and passive speaker as an active speaker directly connected to the BLC.

really though; I can’t understand why the BLP connected via ML isn’t working.

Frog
                    • Topics Started 18
                    • Total Posts 66

Well I tried the above setup  – initially with a Beolab 8000 connected to the powerlink connector of the BLC and weirdly, the only source that worked came from the Beosystem 4 – but I di get NETRADIO coming through the speaker.

On disconnecting the powerlink and connecting it to the BLP with Beovox 1s attached – the BLP didn’t even power on. I’m at a loss to understand why as surely the BLP should activate if it senses a signal on the PL.

Carolpa
                      • Topics Started 8
                      • Total Posts 196

I’m at a loss to understand why as surely the BLP should activate if it senses a signal on the PL.

did you use a fully wired PL cable?

Frog
                        • Topics Started 18
                        • Total Posts 66

Probably not…. I’ll try to find some and try again.

Carolpa
                          • Topics Started 8
                          • Total Posts 196

the only source that worked came from the Beosystem 4 – but I di get NETRADIO coming through the speaker.

this depends on the sources set on the BLC (“Experience mapped to NL”) and the “Connected to (primary)” set in the BLC

20221108_181748000_iOS  20221108_181734000_iOS

Frog
                            • Topics Started 18
                            • Total Posts 66

That was it! The bonus is that an old MCL2P that I bought 28 years ago also works in this setup – so I’ll be using that as the amplifier.

With regard to the sources, here is my setup; the original BLC is called 1 Ways End and the new one is called Casa papules II.

Screenshot 2022-11-08 at 18.44.01Screenshot 2022-11-08 at 18.47.45

Frog
                              • Topics Started 18
                              • Total Posts 66

Screenshot 2022-11-08 at 18.49.49Screenshot 2022-11-08 at 18.50.06And here are my ..experiences mapped to NL pages

By the way, Thanks! I appreciate the help – and have connected an IR Eye up to the second BLC as you suggested.

Carolpa
                                • Topics Started 8
                                • Total Posts 196

advice:

In “Experience mapped to NL” one can rename the available sources. Especial if you have more BLC’s with different sources this can be helpful to identify f.e. one CD player from the other,

I renamed the sources connected to my BS9000 BLC as cd9000, radio9000 and aux9000, the sources connected to my BS7000 BLC as Beogram 6000, cd7000, tape7000…………..etc.

Frog
                                  • Topics Started 18
                                  • Total Posts 66

Yes, that was it. I unchecked all the experience mapped to NL items in the second BLC – as there aren’t any – and it found the correct devices!

thanks again.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds