Beolab 8000+2 center speaker

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Beolab 8000+2 center speaker

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Tomsuo
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 2

Hi

Beolab 8000 + beolab 2 good setup or does it need center speaker? one person wacthing tv. I’m quite happy with 2.1, been thinking to update 3.1. For center speaker need to raise tv 4 centimeter or wall mount tv. Any advice in mind?

Current setup: tv lq 55″, Almando Multiplay Surround Decoder 3, beolab 8000+beolab 2

In local store there is one beolab 7.1 for sale.

Millemissen
      BRONZE Member
        • Flensborg/Danmark
        • Topics Started 27
        • Total Posts 806

Although I generally am an advocate for having a center speaker in a video setup………in your case – with one viewer, I think that will be alright………as long as you sit in the sweetspot.

MM

OldJack
        BRONZE Member
          • Split,Croatia
          • Topics Started 2
          • Total Posts 10

Get BL 7.1 (or 7.2,better,to fit the screen).I prefer TV wall mounted.Think about two people watching tv…

pepps
            • Kent, UK
            • Topics Started 26
            • Total Posts 127

Hello,

There’s nothing wrong with stereo tv, but if you’re thinking of going 3.1 I would recommend a Beolab 7.4 for the centre.
            The 7.1 is a glorious speaker on its own, but might sound a bit muddling with the BL8000s as buddies.

(BL7.4 is mono, clear, fabulous. BL 7.1 is stereo, musical and ace on it’s own.)

schanzenbaecher
              • Topics Started 2
              • Total Posts 8

Hello,

how do you control the sound volume in your setup? I have the same. LG magic remote does not work for me. TV is LG Oled G2. The soundbar appears on TV, but the almando decoder does change the volume. The Almando app works OK.

BeoTool
                • Topics Started 4
                • Total Posts 36

Running a single BL4000 as center speaker with BL 8000s as front l/r.  Had this config forever, and I’m very comfortable with it.

Tomsuo
                  • Topics Started 1
                  • Total Posts 2

Hello, how do you control the sound volume in your setup? I have the same. LG magic remote does not work for me. TV is LG Oled G2. The soundbar appears on TV, but the almando decoder does change the volume. The Almando app works OK.

Audio going out from tv to almando hdmi cable->hdmi (arc) port. From almando to beolab 8000 + beolab 2, rj45-powerlink

Tv audio settings, audio output mode optical/hdmi arc. Output format PCM and SIMPLINK (HDMI ARC) need to be active.

To control volume i use magic remote, i’m only use app to control subwoofer. When i turn tv on, almando turn green and beolab 8000 + 2 pop green.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds