Beolab 3 and 11 – Sterile sound when streaming

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Beolab 3 and 11 – Sterile sound when streaming

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Ifolar
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 1

Hello everyone

I have had some lovely Beolab 4000 for a long while and was super happy with them until the time came, where one stopped working. I replaced them with a second-hand pair of Beolabs 3 combined with a Beolab 11. I mostly stream Spotify music via a Chromecast Audio. So I really am not that audiophile…

But here is my trouble, somehow the Beolab 3 sound very sterile to me. For example in most songs I feel the voices are too prominent compared to other devices. It gets slightly better if I feed them a signal from an Apple Airport Express, which makes me feel my streaming solution is just rubbish… I just somehow miss the warm and fuzzy feeling compared to the Beolab 4000, which probably makes no sense to most people… I suspect, that it is a software problem and not the speakers, maybe since one has to keep the volume at 5-10% for it to not get too loud.

I had this feeling for a while, and now decided it is time to invest some money and change my setup, but I honestly wouldn’t know which route to go:

– just a new streamer, like Wiim Pro (or a DAC with an Equalizer?)
      – an AV Receiver, that allows me to measure the room and use the pre-outs
      – any other solution
      – or is it my bad taste and the Beolab 3s that are just too “honest” for me

Maybe I am lucky and someone else here has a similar setup and could tell me how they feed their Beolab 3s, such that I can try out a few things…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds