5v trigger from ???

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions 5v trigger from ???

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    roycke
      • Topics Started 4
      • Total Posts 9

hi,

i have a canton pre-amp,  beolab 4000 and 2, and 7.4 conntected to a philips 65oled854.

The philips tv has a 3,5 headphone jackets but there is no 5v on it 🙁

its has an usb with 5v so the trigger works. But the speakers are on 24/7…

now im looking how to get a trigger to get the sytem power on/off

Now i have found out that the hdmi pin 18 has 5v on it.

Has someone tried this out?  does this work out?

is there an other better sullution to get a trigger signal?

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
        • Topics Started 59
        • Total Posts 328

Hi roycke,

Welcome to Beoworld!

I suggest using a separate mains-derived trigger instead of the USB or HDMI signals, this way you have easy control of the trigger signal and there are no annoying pops and clicks through the audio when the trigger voltage changes (as it often does when using USB):-

https://soundsheavenly.com/line-in-connection/102-438-minijack-to-beolab-2-7-10-28-and-2500-powered-trigger-kit.html#/2-length-1m

Kind regards, Steve.

DT79
          • Topics Started 6
          • Total Posts 39

@roycke I picked up some new B&O speakers at the weekend including a Beolab 7.2 for which the dealer made me up a cable to take the 5v USB trigger from the TV and the RCA pre-out from my AVR to the powerlink socket.

I remembered this thread and asked him about the issue of the TV’s USB being ‘always on’ and he said that if a TV has a USB that’s always on then it must have another one that isn’t… not sure if that’s true but could be worth checking?

Also if the TV does only have one USB, could there be a some kind of power setting which affects whether the USB is always powered or not?

matador
            • Paris France
            • Topics Started 48
            • Total Posts 689

Also if the TV does only have one USB, could there be a some kind of power setting which affects whether the USB is always powered or not?

From my experience with a Samsung TV, USB power goes off when the TV is in standby.
            I’ve got an IR repeater plug on it and it don’t work when the TV is sleeping but works as soon as the TV is back on.

Also, when there is more than one usb socket, sometimes one has 5V power and the other don’t. The one with power shall be clearly identified.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds