Reply To: BL3500 and the MCL/PL connector

Home Forums The Workbench BL3500 and the MCL/PL connector Reply To: BL3500 and the MCL/PL connector

Madskp
    • Denmark
    • Topics Started 53
    • Total Posts 609

My Beolab 3500 is and MKI (SW 1.2) with the MCL connector. I have used the service manual for the BL3500 (its called LCS9000 servicemanual) available on Beoworld but also a lot of other servicemanuals, and MCL related documentation to get information and inspiration and I will try to mention them as we go along.

To get A baseline for testing I choose to start with a test of the BL3500 in a MCL network as it was supposed to be used to confirm everything working and to know what to expect for certain scenarios. I have a Beomaster 5500 I have used as the audiomaster in the MCL setup.

BM5000 – MCL Cable – BL3500

Tested with both the setting ML off and ML on in the BL3500 service menu (Menu+0+9+GO)

The sources from the BM5500 is controlable, and volume control is possible. This setup seems to be working as expected.

With a multimeter I tried to measure voltages on the different pins, and I got a voltage reading of 4,68 V on the data pin (pin 6) relative to all other pins. The voltage would drop slightly for a second when I turned the system into standby, and then continue at 4,68V. I know that the signal has embedded data, so these measurements might not tell everything.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds