Connect passive speakers with multiroom in 2022

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Connect passive speakers with multiroom in 2022

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Heuan
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 2

What is currently the best way to integrate passive speakers into a B&O Multiroom system?
      Now I have a BeoSound Core with several 8002 speakers. Now I want to add an additional room with passive speakers (must be outdoor).
      Do I need a second Core and a BeoAmp 2 for this?
      Is there any way to make it cheaper than buying these two devices that cost at least 2k€?

Carolpa
      BRONZE Member
        • Topics Started 8
        • Total Posts 196

What is currently the best way to integrate passive speakers into a B&O Multiroom system? Now I have a BeoSound Core with several 8002 speakers. Now I want to add an additional room with passive speakers (must be outdoor). Do I need a second Core and a BeoAmp 2 for this? Is there any way to make it cheaper than buying these two devices that cost at least 2k€?

You can opt also for a Core or Essense mkII or BLC (Beolink Converter NL/ML) and a MCL2P of Beolink Passive as amplifier for the passive speakers.

the BLC, BL Passive, MCL2P are sold second hand regularly.

Heuan
          • Topics Started 1
          • Total Posts 2

So theoretically i can use this configuration to accomplish an additional multiroom with passive speakers?:

BeoSound Essence MKII & MCL2P; connected via PowerLink

or

BeoLink Converter NL/ML & MCL2P; connected via PowerLink or MasterLink

that should both work?

Carolpa
          BRONZE Member
            • Topics Started 8
            • Total Posts 196

So theoretically i can use this configuration to accomplish an additional multiroom with passive speakers?: BeoSound Essence MKII & MCL2P; connected via PowerLink or BeoLink Converter NL/ML & MCL2P; connected via PowerLink or MasterLink that should both work?

Correct; MCL2P PowerLink connected to or Essence mkII or BLC.

A BL Passive can also be used as amplifier (and a BL MCL/ML converter should also work as amp).

Millemissen
            BRONZE Member
              • Flensborg/Danmark
              • Topics Started 27
              • Total Posts 807

Either of the 3 – MCL2P, MCL/ML Converter, Beolink Passive – will do.
              They are basicly the same, when it comes to acting as an amp.

Do remember that they will need a fully wired/MK3 Powerlink cable in order to turn on/of.

MM

jvezina
                • Topics Started 1
                • Total Posts 43

The Beoamp 2 can also be used.

https://bangolufsenassistentgohe.blob.core.windows.net/manuals/APPS_AND_ACCESSORIES/BEOAMP_2/BeoAmp%202.pdf

Just saw that it was already mentioned, sorry

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.