new product: Balenciaga X Level[? A1?]

Home Forums LifeStyle BeoPeople new product: Balenciaga X Level[? A1?]

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    trackbeo
      • Topics Started 8
      • Total Posts 205

In case you haven’t seen Balenciaga’s B&O “handbag”:

https://hypebeast.com/2022/7/balenciaga-couture-bang-and-olufsen-bag-speaker-mercedes-amg-f1-mask-how-to-buy-demna

“Each of the 20 limited edition bags are milled from a block of solid aluminum before being pearl-blasted, anodized and hand-polished at Bang & Olufsen’s Factory 5 in Struer, Denmark, over the course of several days to achieve a satin finish.”  Most likely a Level inside:[Edit: not a Level?]

balenciaga-couture-bang-and-olufsen-bag-speaker

Tignum
        • Netherlands
        • Topics Started 17
        • Total Posts 270

It looks nicely made! When you go to the Balenciaga website now, you will see the catwalk models (some in a cocktail wetsuit :-)) carrying one. I wonder what the collectors will pay for one! Or two as there seem to be two colors. BeoLenciaga.

trackbeo
          • Topics Started 8
          • Total Posts 205

BeoLenciaga

Oooh. Wish I’d thought of that…

OK, yes, I admit to watching the “51st collection” fashion runway movie at couture.balenciaga.com .  Are those Mercedes face masks limited edition too?  One might be able to afford an in-stock item…  Of course my nice BeoLenciaga would get scratched right away if I went to the airport dressed like that, and security threw me to the ground before calling the Carabinieri!

Beozip
            • Topics Started 2
            • Total Posts 61

It looks nicely made! When you go to the Balenciaga website now, you will see the catwalk models (some in a cocktail wetsuit :-)) carrying one. I wonder what the collectors will pay for one! Or two as there seem to be two colors. BeoLenciaga.

For one you must 8500 € pay.

https://www.fanpage.it/stile-e-trend/design/la-borsa-che-fa-musica-lultima-follia-balenciaga-che-costa-8-500-euro/

But it is really worth that price? And what is inside? The specification of a BS A1 or more?

trackbeo
              • Topics Started 8
              • Total Posts 205

And what is inside? The specification of a BS A1 or more?

Oops, right you are — looks like I mis-titled…  Thought it was a Level inside because of the publicity blurb saying “multi-point connectivity”.  But the BeoLenciaga battery specs are 18 hours like the A1(2gen), not 16 hours like the Level.  Also they left room for a purse inside, despite the exterior looking deep enough to hold the larger drivers.  So it is a handbag and not a boombox.

Press kit, thanks to @Millemissen’s eye: https://press.bang-olufsen.com/d/gKpSDxqk8eyT/news#/july-2022/a-collaboration-between-balenciaga-and-bang-olufsen-introducing-a-new-concept-for-listening-the-balenciaga-i-bang-olufsen-speaker-bag-1

B&O “Story”, thanks to @Mr10Percent’s eye: https://www.bang-olufsen.com/en/gb/story/balenciaga

Guy
              BRONZE Member
                • Warwickshire, UK
                • Topics Started 16
                • Total Posts 1,044

^ Thanks to trackbeo for bringing in details from the other two (now closed) Balenciaga threads. Next time we have duplicate threads I’ll instead try ‘merging’ them to bring content together. Apologies to MM and Mr10Percent for not doing so in this case – I’m new to this moderation business! 😀

Millemissen
                BRONZE Member
                  • Flensborg/Danmark
                  • Topics Started 27
                  • Total Posts 806

Here is something about Miklu Silvanto, Chief Design Officer (and Senior Vice President) at B&O, who obviously is responsible for the speakers bag:

Bang & Olufsen appoints Miklu Silvanto as Chief Design Officer

MM

TWG
                    • Topics Started 7
                    • Total Posts 31

The silver one looks very good for me!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds