Limited edition flagship B&O product

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Limited edition flagship B&O product

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Steve at Sounds Heavenly
      • Topics Started 59
      • Total Posts 328

Hi Beoworlders,

I’ve just returned from a 1,500km trip to experience B&O’s rarest and most exclusive new product – I will be producing a full YouTube video in the coming days, so that all my fellow B&O fans can see and hear it too. This photo is a teaser (no, it isn’t a hairbrush!) as it is one small part of the exclusive product that I found…

IMG_0874

AdamS
        • Topics Started 4
        • Total Posts 93

Oooh, count me intrigued as that looks suspiciously like a record cleaning brush!

Out of interest, is the product truly “new” or another classic product being refurbished?

Millemissen
        BRONZE Member
          • Flensborg/Danmark
          • Topics Started 27
          • Total Posts 806

Oooh, count me intrigued as that looks suspiciously like a record cleaning brush!

Oooh, no 😱
          They are running out of ideas….in that case.

MM

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
            • Topics Started 59
            • Total Posts 328

Hi guys!

This is a combination of a rebuilt and upgraded product, paired with new items.  The end result is really quite stunning…  The record brush is just one tiny part of the system, included with lots of other parts 😉

Full video review (and sound test!) to follow in the next few days on my YouTube channel!

Kind regards, Steve.

chartz
              • Burgundy
              • Topics Started 3
              • Total Posts 199

Something like this? 😏

IMG_1738
              IMG_1740

Mark
                • Topics Started 6
                • Total Posts 113

This is certainly not a tease for those of us that would like a nice and reliable B&O turntable but cannot afford one at the price of a house!

Sandyb
                  • Topics Started 1
                  • Total Posts 293

indeed – if we look at the price of the 72-22 that came with BL18s, we can probably make an educated guess as to what this (with Bl28s) will be.

I know they sell out these limited run products, but its become a little sad that some of their aesthetically more special stuff is priced at 50k.

Mark
                    • Topics Started 6
                    • Total Posts 113

indeed – if we look at the price of the 72-22 that came with BL18s, we can probably make an educated guess as to what this (with Bl28s) will be.

I asked my dealer the cost mostly out of curiosity.  It was about 40% more.  Sadly it’s not for me, not after several lifetimes!

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
                      • Topics Started 59
                      • Total Posts 328

Hi Beoworlders,

Time to tell the full story…  I made a 1,500km journey to hear Bang & Olufsen’s rarest and most exclusive music system so that you can hear how it sounds! All is revealed in this video…

Kind regards, Steve.

Millemissen
                      BRONZE Member
                        • Flensborg/Danmark
                        • Topics Started 27
                        • Total Posts 806

That is not a flagship.
                        It is just a modded turntable with a Core and the 28’s in a – admitted – beatifully crafted cabinet.

Something for very few people with loads of money to spend on nostalgia (for some probably even just as an investment).

Why so much efford on keeping an an inferior reproduction medium alive – I don’t get it?

This is how a flagship looks – something that has future potential and something that a lot of people can have in their homes:

IMG_0610

Sorry, Steve – but thanks for the video anyway.

MM

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
                          • Topics Started 59
                          • Total Posts 328

Hi MM,

I agree that this product isn’t for everyone, but getting high-end, exclusive products into luxury homes will be the key to keeping B&O alive for the future, so they can keep on making things that us Beofans all want to buy for many years to come.

This Beosystem includes the highlights of B&O’s product range from the past 50 years, made into a unique and stylish system that would grace any luxury villa or royal palace.

I can’t afford this setup, but I can still dream… 😉

Kind regards, Steve.

Dillen
                            • Topics Started 4
                            • Total Posts 389

That is not a flagship. It is just a modded turntable with a Core and the 28’s in a – admitted – beatifully crafted cabinet. Something for very few people with loads of money to spend on nostalgia (for some probably even just as an investment). Why so much efford on keeping an an inferior reproduction medium alive – I don’t get it? This is how a flagship looks – something that has future potential and something that a lot of people can have in their homes: IMG_0610 Sorry, Steve – but thanks for the video anyway. MM

How much future potential does a flatscreen TV have – flagship or otherwise?
                            10 years? 25? 50?

Martin

Millemissen
                            BRONZE Member
                              • Flensborg/Danmark
                              • Topics Started 27
                              • Total Posts 806

How much future potential does a flatscreen TV have – flagship or otherwise? 10 years? 25? 50?

Martin

That flatscreen tv is just an exchangeable screen.
                              I was ‘pointing’ – like Jakob actually is – at the BS Theatre.
                              I could even – if I wanted so – connect my old Beogram 2202 there, for occasional playback of one of my vinyl LP’s.

MM

Millemissen
                              BRONZE Member
                                • Flensborg/Danmark
                                • Topics Started 27
                                • Total Posts 806

Hi MM, I agree that this product isn’t for everyone, but getting high-end, exclusive products into luxury homes will be the key to keeping B&O alive for the future, so they can keep on making things that us Beofans all want to buy for many years to come. This Beosystem includes the highlights of B&O’s product range from the past 50 years, made into a unique and stylish system that would grace any luxury villa or royal palace. I can’t afford this setup, but I can still dream… 😉 Kind regards, Steve.

I am not so sure that this is so?
                                They’d have to show me some figures to prove that!

No, they will have to come up with something new ‘that us Beofans all want to buy for many years to come’, if they want to survive.

MM

chartz
                                  • Burgundy
                                  • Topics Started 3
                                  • Total Posts 199

So I ‘guessed’ right Steve.

A little disappointed they didn’t do a real Beogram 4000 this time though. I’ll forever stick to mine.

AdamS
                                    • Topics Started 4
                                    • Total Posts 93

I agree, I’m a bit underwhelmed, although I’m sure it will be an excellent system and it does look superb. That said, I’m sure I could take my Beogram 4002/MMC20CL down to my local dealer to hear it through Beolab 28s if i wanted to!

If they were going for a true “flagship”, it should have been a new Beogram 8002 with Beolab 90s, surely?

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
                                      • Topics Started 59
                                      • Total Posts 328

Hi Adam and Chartz,

I have been led to believe that any Beolab speaker can potentially be paired with this system and colour matched accordingly if required, including Beolab 50 and 90. Beogram 4002, 4004 or 6000 can be used as the starting point of the turntable (the original 4000 is more complex and hence often considered to be less reliable than the later models).

While the 8000/8002 Beograms are undoubtedly the high point of B&O’s turntable development, in real world use they offer minimal audible gains over a well set-up 4000c, but they are far less “timeless” in their design which I suspect would make them harder to sell to new customers once refurbished.

All in all, I think this is a superb system, combining some of the best and most attractive B&O products from the past 50 years in a stylish, high quality system that can be expected to play for another half a century. I understand the negativity that some traditional B&O fans may have towards retro systems of this type, but I think high-end setups of this type are essential to keep B&O in the public eye and to restore their financial stability. If we can get 100 people buying a £55,000 B&O system, that would have the potential to bring B&O’s finances back on track and give them funds to make more “everyday” products that we can all afford and enjoy.

I can only dream of owning a system like this, but seeing and hearing it makes me happy to be a B&O owner. I’m also proud to be a very small contributor to this system, by building the cable that links the Beogram to the Core inside the cabinet.

I am pleased that B&O made a striking product to divide opinions and generate debate, instead of following the crowd and doing what everyone expected. I’m excited to see what they will do for their 100 year celebration product!

Kind regards, Steve.

Sandyb
                                        • Topics Started 1
                                        • Total Posts 293

why so much effort?

I think the answer is the price.

The cabinet is desperately uninspired too, to my eyes.

Millemissen
                                        BRONZE Member
                                          • Flensborg/Danmark
                                          • Topics Started 27
                                          • Total Posts 806

@Steve

I hope you are right in your math!

By the way, this is what was in the Newsletter from B&O 3 weeks ago – no talk of new flagship:

Bang & Olufsen is pleased to announce the release of the limited-edition Beosystem 72-23 Nordic Dawn – a time transcending music system that connects the years 1972 and 2023 by merging immersive music experiences from both vinyl and digital streaming. The limited-edition consists of only 100 units, each engraved with a unique identification number.

“The Beosystem 72-23 is a testament to Bang & Olufsen’s dedication to extending the longevity of products in the consumer electronics industry”, says Mads Kogsgaard Hansen, Head of Product Circularity at Bang & Olufsen. “As part of the Recreated Classics Initiative, the Beosystem 72-23 Nordic Dawn Limited Edition symbolises a new beginning for a future where audio products are designed to last, where luxury is expert craftsmanship that expands beyond the first lifecycle, and where connectivity can be timeless”.”

The press release about this limited bespoke edition can be found HERE

MM

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
                                            • Topics Started 59
                                            • Total Posts 328

Thanks MM!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 41 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds