BV Horizon – Cannot log into Google

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoVision BV Horizon – Cannot log into Google

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Albesotto88
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 0
      • Total Posts 2

The files are not available Nymore in Dropbox. Anyone can share them?

Alberto.sottocornola@outlook.com

+393409645938

Thanks

matteventu
      BRONZE Member
        • Topics Started 0
        • Total Posts 79

The files are not available Nymore in Dropbox. Anyone can share them? Alberto.sottocornola@outlook.com +393409645938 Thanks

What state is your TV in?

By the look of it, all the “updater” exe does is sideloading newer versions of the Google Play Services, Chromecast built-in and YouTube app apks.

Albesotto88
        BRONZE Member
          • Topics Started 0
          • Total Posts 2

Italy, are you able to share it? Thank you in advance

matteventu
          BRONZE Member
            • Topics Started 0
            • Total Posts 79

Italy, are you able to share it? Thank you in advance

Sorry, “state” as in is it working, do you have access to a sideloading app or to adb to push some apk files manually, etc.

Ps: I’m from Italy as well ?

roneik
            BRONZE Member
              • Topics Started 3
              • Total Posts 8

Hello Gentlemen, it would be great to get support with the missing dropbox file. Much appreciated!

Greetings from Austria

R.

roneik
              BRONZE Member
                • Topics Started 3
                • Total Posts 8

Hey thanks for the very detailed explanation! So I’ll get to work this weekend with the help of DeepL and your description!!!

I’m not familiar with Android at all, but I’m not a complete idiot! 😉

I’ll get back to you afterwards!

Greetings and thx a lot

matteventu
                BRONZE Member
                  • Topics Started 0
                  • Total Posts 79

Hello Gentlemen, it would be great to get support with the missing dropbox file. Much appreciated! Greetings from Austria R.

As I mentioned in my comment above, from what I’ve seen in the pdf manual on Dropbox, the “exe” file was just a script to push updated versions of Google Play Services, Chromecast firmware and YouTube apks (Android’s format for apps) to the TV.

If my assumption is right, you can do the same thing without the exe file, just manually.

1- The TV is based on an ancient MT5593 SoC, which is a dual-core Cortex A9 (armv7a), and it runs Android TV 5.0-7.0 (not sure which one, please check in the settings).

Download these apk files (scroll down to the “DOWNLOAD APK XX.XX MB” button):

Google Play Services: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-play-services/google-play-services-22-26-15-release/

Chromecast built-in: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/chromecast-built-in/chromecast-built-in-1-52-253741-release/chromecast-built-in-android-tv-1-52-253741-android-apk-download/

YouTube for Android TV: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/youtube-for-android-tv-android-tv/youtube-for-android-tv-android-tv-2-17-007-release/youtube-for-android-tv-2-17-007-android-apk-download/

Important: from the first link, I am not sure which one is the right file. You can try, worst case scenario nothing happens (there isn’t any risk). First try the listing that in the columns says armeabi-v7a / Android 5.0+ / nodpi. If that doesn’t work, try other ones that say armeabi-v7a in the first column, nodpi in the last column, and in the middle column the equal or immediate lower version to the one that you found in settings in your TV (i.e. your TV says 5.0 or 5.1 then try the one that says 5.0+, if your TV says 6.0 or 7.0 then try the one that says 6.0+, etc). Don’t bother trying those that have a coloured “BUNDLE” tag next to the version number (or those that don’t have “armeabi-v7a” in the first and “nodpi” in the last columns).

2- Enable ADB on your TV, install fastboot/ADB on your computer, and “sideaload” the apk files to your TV, in this order: Google Play Services first, Chromecast then, and YouTube last. Your TV will possibly show some prompts, accept everything with the remote. This step is crucial, you can find a guide here but the chances you have to get this right depend on how geek you are. But don’t be afraid, it’s not a “dangerous” procedure, worst case scenario nothing happens. If you have any specific questions, please let me know.

Random guide #1: https://www.makeuseof.com/how-to-use-adb-on-android-tv/

Random guide #2: https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-sideload-apps-android-tv/ (from the “Using ADB to sideload apps on Android TV” chapter)

Again: I have no clue about how skilled you are with Android/CMD etc, so if you have any questions please ask. Be as specific as possible.

3- If you’re a religious person, say a prayer to your preferred god.

4- Open the Play Store app and try again to log in.

Edit: actually, before all of this, maybe try B&O’s official suggestion: enable 2 factor authentication in your Google Account https://support.bang-olufsen.com/hc/en-us/articles/360054039672-How-do-I-resolve-issues-logging-in-to-my-Google-account-on-my-Beovision-Horizon

Burto
                  BRONZE Member
                    • Topics Started 0
                    • Total Posts 7

Hi guys,

I am trying the same process with my Avant 75 NG but the ADB installer keeps coming up with ‘Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_ALREADY_EXISTS]’

My Avant is running 5.1.1, so I tried the 5.0+ and the 4.4+ but neither will install. Same goes for the Chromecast APK.

Any suggestions?

I am basically just after the Chromecast feature as I use an Apple TV (with PUC) for everything else.

Millemissen
                    BRONZE Member
                      • Flensborg————Danmark
                      • Topics Started 21
                      • Total Posts 1,045

If everything fails, just get a Chromecast version 2 and plug that in.

They are discontinued now, but you can still get one pretty cheap.

MM

Burto
                      BRONZE Member
                        • Topics Started 0
                        • Total Posts 7

I also use a WiiM Pro that has Chromecast but I was after a system with a single remote (Beoremote 1) Being able to fling the audio to the TV with out having to turn it on first. It’s highly frustrating that functionality has essentially been removed. Even really old Apple TVs with work with Airplay version 1.

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoVision BV Horizon – Cannot log into Google

• You must be logged in to create new topics.