Beosound 4000 Fuse(s) Location

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Beogogo
      • Topics Started 6
      • Total Posts 24

Where are the fuse(s) located on a Beosound 4000? I see reference to them behind the back panel, and see them in the schematic in the service manual, but I cannot find any reference on how/where to find them. Thanks!

Guy
      BRONZE Member
        • Warwickshire, UK
        • Topics Started 16
        • Total Posts 1,044

If you look at the second photo on this eBay listing you will see F1 to F4 marked on the PCB attached to the transformer.  The fuses will be on the other side – probably the small back circular type.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255201530108

(EDIT:  There’s an F5 as well closer to the edge of the PCB)

(EDIT2: There’s a better photo here in a Beoparts listing: https://beoparts.com/category/beosound/beosound-ouverture/#jp-carousel-8289)

Beogogo
          • Topics Started 6
          • Total Posts 24

Ah, not as obvious as I thought. Thank you very much, I truly appreciate it!

Beogogo
            • Topics Started 6
            • Total Posts 24

The fuses are all good. Any idea why the doors open and close, lights come on, CD load works, but nether the tape, radio or CD will play. The display has both a green and red light displaying. Thanks!

Guy
            BRONZE Member
              • Warwickshire, UK
              • Topics Started 16
              • Total Posts 1,044

The red light is just the standby light, and should go out when the system is switched on (playing radio, CD or tape).  The green light means that the timer is set, and you should be able to cancel this from the front panel using the SETUP then TIMER setting.

Are you only trying to operate the unit from the front panel, or also from a remote?  I ask this because the front panels have been know to fail on these systems – the symptom is that just some of the buttons stop working.

Beogogo
                • Topics Started 6
                • Total Posts 24

Both green and red lights flash when I select a source from the keypad or the remote, but nothing happens. The doors will close when a button is touched, but nothing else happens. That’s why I originally thought it was maybe a fuse. The unit sat in my office at work for two years without being used during COVID.

Guy
                BRONZE Member
                  • Warwickshire, UK
                  • Topics Started 16
                  • Total Posts 1,044

Sorry but I don’t have any further suggestions.  Perhaps when it was sat unused there was a mains voltage surge that upset the processor?

Do you have the service manual?  There is a ‘TEST mode’ that you can use to check various functions, but without the full instructions you could muck it up further!  The Service Manual is available on the Main Beoworld Site to Silver/Gold members.

Beogogo
                    • Topics Started 6
                    • Total Posts 24

Yes, it is very possible a surge damaged it. It was on a protector, but it seems to me we lost some equipment at one point. I do have the service manual and I’ll give it a look at some point. Thanks for the suggestions!

Beogogo
                      • Topics Started 6
                      • Total Posts 24

The lithium battery is dead. It looks like it’s soldered or glued in place?

Guy
                      BRONZE Member
                        • Warwickshire, UK
                        • Topics Started 16
                        • Total Posts 1,044

The lithium battery is dead. It looks like it’s soldered or glued in place?

Soldered probably. I’ve replaced one in a BC9500 but not a BS4000. You need to be a little careful soldering lithium batteries – not too much heat! Alternatively some people have replaced the battery with a small lithium battery holder to make it easier to replace, but if there is limited space you may need to relocate this within the Beosound.

Not sure if this is the right one for a BS4000 (check the manual) but this is the one I got for my BC9500: https://uk.farnell.com/renata/cr2450-nfh-lf/cell-lithium-button-2pin-3v/dp/1319731?CMP=i-ddd7-00001003

Beogogo
                          • Topics Started 6
                          • Total Posts 24

Thanks again. I like the idea of a separate holder.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds