Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoApp Bang & Olufsen App – Beta version 5.x.x.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 152 total)
  • Author
    Vedet
    BRONZE Member

Good afternoon!

I am interested in how the Application implements a connection to a new WI-FI network in order to save my settings. I did not find the section “Setting up a wi-fi network” by analogy with a smartphone, when there is a list of found networks, enter the password and connect.

I mean, when, for example, Beosaund Emerge is already connected to a WI-FI network, and there is a need to change the router, then how to reconnect to a new network to save the settings? If you press the < > keys, then according to the instructions, this may lead to a factory reset, and this would not be desirable.

I have version 5.4.0.231011-36631, but the new changes have already come into effect, which are being discussed in the beta version.

tph
      BRONZE Member
        • Denmark

The instruction to hold down < and > keys is what you need to do. You enter network setup mode by holding them down for 2 seconds – you will hear a tone confirming this and the product indicator (play/pause LED) will start flashing orange. If you take care of the timing, there’s no risk of accidental factory reset – you will have to hold the buttons down for 8 seconds for this to happen.

If you are completely changing your router, as in, you’re taking down the old network and the products can’t connect to it anymore, they will also automatically go into network setup after being power cycled.

matteventu
        BRONZE Member

I dislike the beta version 5.4.1. It’s horrible and the changes from v5.3 seem unnecessary. And it doesn’t work well at all. I hate the ugly horizontal volume control; the previous circular one was easier to use, especially for fine tuning the volume. It also looked much nicer. 

This can’t be stressed enough.

The new volume control bar is tiny and is a major downgrade compared to the stylish and accurate bar of version 5.3.

Millemissen
          BRONZE Member
            • Flensborg————Danmark

I dislike the beta version 5.4.1. It’s horrible and the changes from v5.3 seem unnecessary. And it doesn’t work well at all. I hate the ugly horizontal volume control; the previous circular one was easier to use, especially for fine tuning the volume. It also looked much nicer.

This can’t be stressed enough. The new volume control bar is tiny and is a major downgrade compared to the stylish and accurate bar of version 5.3.

I must agree to that.
            That bar looks ordinary….and not special as we are used to from B&O.
            A circle has been a design part of many B&O products.

MM

Vedet
            BRONZE Member

Если вы полностью меняете свой маршрутизатор, например, отключаете старую сеть и продукты больше не могут к ней подключаться, они также автоматически перейдут в режим настройки сети после отключения питания.

Thank you for the detailed answer.

As far as I understood correctly, after disconnecting the router from the network, I also have to disconnect Beosound Emerge from the network and connect BE back to the network, then it will automatically switch to network setup mode, and where in the Application will I have to enter the password for the new network?

Will there be some window for me to see a new network and enter a password?

Or if to keep old the SSID and password for connecting to WI-FI the same in the new router, then the connection will also happen automatically?

gbertsch
              BRONZE Member

Looks like app version 5.5 released.

I’m not at home right now, but has anyone tried it yet to see if it fixed the missing sources issue?

Severed_hand_of_skywalker
                BRONZE Member
                  • Toronto, Canada

Looks like app version 5.5 released. I’m not at home right now, but has anyone tried it yet to see if it fixed the missing sources issue?

No sadly, it’s still a hot mess.

Sandyb
                  BRONZE Member

I updated, and can’t see a single meaningful or noticeable difference to the previous version to be honest.

NQVHNWI
                    FOUNDER Member

The link items are long boxes rather than square.

There is accommodation for the BL8 – which is not at least a month late

What more do you need in B&O life? Rectangle buttons and another late product? (probably found a single bug before the home beta tester got to play with it?)

YannChris
                      FOUNDER Member
                        • Brittany, France

I agree,

Still awful and uncomplete in terms of sources.

The new ecosystem relies on the app and this app becomes unusable.

I don’t understand where the development team want us to do. Bin our pre-Mozart investments?

Uncompetence or planned obsolescence?

Kind regards,

Yann.

Millemissen
                        BRONZE Member
                          • Flensborg————Danmark

I updated, and can’t see a single meaningful or noticeable difference to the previous version to be honest.

Neither can I.

Why this is a version 5.5 is hard (for us) to see through.
                          There must be some under the hood changes.

Honestly it is getting harder and harder to comment – where they are heading with the app is a mystery.

Isn’t it a bit funny that a Beosound has no audio sources in the list ?
                          I see only sources that are video related there.

IMG_0042MM

matteventu
                          BRONZE Member

Seriously guys you haven’t seen what has changed with the 5.5 version? ?

Major redesign of the device screen for speakers (at least, ASE, not sure if they’ve changed it also for Mozart.

I personally appreciate them trying to modernise it but… It’s awful. Literally, awful. Requires more taps for the same operations, plenty of empty space (I know empty space can have a purpose in UI design, but this is not the case here), fewer customisation options (i.e. the “listening modes” presets can’t be re-sorted, or deleted).

Screenshot_20231026-202529Screenshot_20231026-202525

Gone is the option for speaker location (corner/wall/free).

They instead brought to the main screen the option to change the name of the product… Something that (in 99% cases) the user literally does one time for the entire lifecycle of the product. Why bring it to the front of the UI!?

Headphones UI are unchanged.

matteventu
                            BRONZE Member

By the way, the “optimal” sound mode that you can see in the screenshots, I’ve created it.

It was no longer present by default lol.

Millemissen
                              BRONZE Member
                                • Flensborg————Danmark

I did notice that (on my M5/M3, but not for the Essences)….and I thought, well that’s the new look.

I can’t say that I am impressed ?

I did not dig as deep as you did, though – but I see your points.
                                The Sound Settings – Startup Volume/Max Volume – are gone too.

Again – where are the heading with the app?
                                What do they have in store for us?

MM

matteventu
                                BRONZE Member

I did notice that (on my M5/M3, but not for the Essences)….and I thought, well that’s the new look. I can’t say that I am impressed ? I did not dig as deep as you did, though – but I see your points. The Sound Settings – Startup Volume/Max Volume – are gone too. Again – where are the heading with the app? What do they have in store for us? MM

You’re right, also the max and default volume settings are gone! Fantastic, for that (+ speaker placement) we need to resort to the web UI ?

Do your Mozart devices have this UI or are still with the old/normal one?

Dyssegaard
                                  BRONZE Member
                                    • Copenhagen

IMG_5049Sound settings are back in the latest version.

matteventu
                                    BRONZE Member

IMG_5049Sound settings are back in the latest version.

Yup just seen it!

I see your sound mode is “Neutral”. Did you create it manually, or it was already available in the list? For me the optimal/neutral preset disappeared with the update to 5.5.

Dyssegaard
                                      BRONZE Member
                                        • Copenhagen

“Neutral” was already in the list.

Tim
                                        BRONZE Member

I did some upgrades to my BeoSounds yesterday and also updated the app.

I should have checked the forum first. Honestly nothing works anymore. I had to reset the BeoSound Level Stereo Pair two times already as it is just not working correctly and the App is just horrible.

Besides the really bad visual design and UI it really is a step back in functionality. My NL/ML Converter misses all sources. Connecting to the NL/ML doesn’t‘t work in a lot of cases. My BeoSounds are out of sync in Multitoom use one remote stopped to work, etc.

I honestly have never experienced such an behaviour by an update.

is there a way to downgrade the App? This is the worst experience I made with B&O in years.

YannChris
                                          FOUNDER Member
                                            • Brittany, France

is there a way to downgrade the App? This is the worst experience I made with B&O in years.

Assuming you are using ios, go to the testflight app, tap the app icon and scroll down to go to “previous builds”.

Having the same problems as yours concerning Nl and ML sources routed by NL/ML converter, I rolled back to version 5.3.0.230830 57759.

Before downgrading, I sent comments to the team and listed the missing sources.

I suggest you to send comments too.

Regards,

Yann.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 152 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.