Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoVision Apple TV Siri remotes and IR Beovision

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Guy
      • Warwickshire, UK

Bump just to check the thread is visible to all including non-moderators!  Hopefully the first post is back as it should be!

Madskp
      GOLD Member
        • Denmark

Bump just to check the thread is visible to all including non-moderators! Hopefully the first post is back as it should be!

thanks a lot. It all looks like it should after my last edit

Madskp
        GOLD Member
          • Denmark

I am at my parents house at the moment, and looking into their Apple TV the remote seems to be the 3rd generation with USB-C and sw. 0X33.

It does turn on their Beoplay V1, and do control the volume. However the volume function seems to be stuck somehow so it will keep turning up the volume even if I turn of the TV volume functions in the ATV settings. I will have to look into a way to reset the Siri remote to see if this behavior does continue.

Guy
            • Warwickshire, UK

It does turn on their Beoplay V1, and do control the volume. However the volume function seems to be stuck somehow so it will keep turning up the volume even if I turn of the TV volume functions in the ATV settings. I will have to look into a way to reset the Siri remote to see if this behavior does continue.

That’s strange – but if you can’t reset it and it’s less than a year old them you should be able to raise as a fault with Apple and get a replacement.

Madskp
            GOLD Member
              • Denmark

Madskp wrote: It does turn on their Beoplay V1, and do control the volume. However the volume function seems to be stuck somehow so it will keep turning up the volume even if I turn of the TV volume functions in the ATV settings. I will have to look into a way to reset the Siri remote to see if this behavior does continue.

That’s strange – but if you can’t reset it and it’s less than a year old them you should be able to raise as a fault with Apple and get a replacement.

I’m at my parent again and have now tried to charge and restart the SIRI remote as described on Apples support pages. Now all functions seems to work, although I don’t have the same posiblities to do long time testing . I have nothing to add to GUY’s observations.

Guy
                • Warwickshire, UK

It’s thread drift for this thread, but I am helping a relative sort out some tech/AV gear and have a Google Chromecast HD for a few days. I just tested it with my BV10-32 and realised that you can setup the Google Chromecast remote to control the TV’s volume in the same way that a siri remote does! The Chromecast menu also offers the facility to turn the TV off/on (I could only get ‘off’ to work) and to change inputs, but I couldn’t get the latter to work.

I am quite impressed that such a cheap device (£35 in UK) has the IR codes to control a Beovision!

Madskp
                GOLD Member
                  • Denmark

It’s thread drift for this thread, but I am helping a relative sort out some tech/AV gear and have a Google Chromecast HD for a few days. I just tested it with my BV10-32 and realised that you can setup the Google Chromecast remote to control the TV’s volume in the same way that a siri remote does! The Chromecast menu also offers the facility to turn the TV off/on (I could only get ‘off’ to work) and to change inputs, but I couldn’t get the latter to work. I am quite impressed that such a cheap device (£35 in UK) has the IR codes to control a Beovision!

It is indeed quite interesting how both Apple and Google are integrating these B&O IR codes. Maybe they are just using common libraries of IR codes that are available.  However in case of B&O they also need the transmitter to be able to transmit 455Khz IR codes that other brands are not using, so I guess the hardware must also be made for it.

Sound like the Google Chromecast is not perfectly working though which was also the case with the 1st. Gen siri remote.

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.