Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 36 Replies | 7 Followers

frog
Top 150 Contributor
Camberley UK
528 Posts
Founder
frog posted on Sun, Feb 16 2014 12:49 PM

Hi,

I'm keen to start controlling my B&O system through a MLG using Domoticz running on a raspberry Pi. While the MLG is not currently supported natively by the Domoticz software (and I suspect never will due to its rarity), I'd like to control it via the ethernet interface. Is there anywhere I can find documentation as to how to go about this?

Regards to all

All Replies

DocLeisure
Top 500 Contributor
83 Posts
Bronze Member

Hello,

3rd party hardware can be controlled via "custom strings". Customs strings enable controlling 3rd party hardware via HTML commands or any kind of command line interface.

If the "Domoticz" software is capable of being controlled in such way, it should be no problem to integrate it in the B&O configuration.

Best regards

frog
Top 150 Contributor
Camberley UK
528 Posts
Founder
frog replied on Sun, Feb 16 2014 5:28 PM

Thanks. That could be useful for one direction, but I really wanted to have the Domoticz software control the MLGW. Is there a way to do this? Also is there any documentation that would help?

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
2,765 Posts
Founder
stefan replied on Mon, Feb 17 2014 2:52 PM

I don`t know the Domoticz system, but maybe this will help:

http://mlgw.bang-olufsen.dk/doc.html

I`m using a KNX system with visualisation software called Xhome. Works great with MLGW.

Stefan

frog
Top 150 Contributor
Camberley UK
528 Posts
Founder
frog replied on Mon, Feb 17 2014 3:36 PM

Yes, thanks - that is what I'm looking for. It seems that you can send commands and get status via a telnet interface - I guess I need to use a TCP socket to communicate with it. Not sure all the commands there are documented, but with the logger hopefully I can work out what corresponds to what.

frog
Top 150 Contributor
Camberley UK
528 Posts
Founder
frog replied on Sat, Nov 8 2014 3:25 PM

Forgot to update that I got his working. A python script interprets commands to and from the MLGW and the raspberry running Domoticz via JSON calls. Now I can assign commands to the Beo4 and control lights etc. Easy to add functionality too.

frog
Top 150 Contributor
Camberley UK
528 Posts
Founder
frog replied on Sat, Nov 8 2014 3:27 PM

Just for reference - to connect try this code:

s = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET, socket.SOCK_STREAM)         # Create a socket object

try:

host = socket.gethostbyname(hostname) # Connect to Mlgw.local

port = 9000                           # Connect to MLGW Port

if debug:

print "Connecting to: ",host, port

except socket.gaierror,err:

print "cannot resolve hostname: ",hostname,err

s.connect((hostname, port))

Luke Spadavecchia
Top 500 Contributor
Brighton
172 Posts
Gold Member

Dear Stefan, I cannot access the documentation link - I get a 403 unauthorised access error in my browser. Is the technical documentation available elsewhere? Many thanks, Luke

riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
914 Posts
Bronze Member

Luke Spadavecchia :

Dear Stefan, I cannot access the documentation link - I get a 403 unauthorised access error in my browser. Is the technical documentation available elsewhere? Many thanks, Luke

Luke, I'm seeing the same error although I've looked at that site plenty of times in the past without issues so I suspect it is a temporary issue. It might be worth contacting beocare to let them know there is an issue with the site.

Kind Regards,

Martin.

Luke Spadavecchia
Top 500 Contributor
Brighton
172 Posts
Gold Member

Thanks Martin, I emailed beocord today so hopefully the resource will be back up and running soon. Fingers crossed, although I note the MLGW is conspicuously absent from the customer support page (which includes the beovision mx series in the list of products). I do hope they haven't cut us loose! 

Luke Spadavecchia
Top 500 Contributor
Brighton
172 Posts
Gold Member

Sorry, beocare not beocord. My trusty tape player was no help at all.

riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
914 Posts
Bronze Member

Luke Spadavecchia :

Thanks Martin, I emailed beocord today so hopefully the resource will be back up and running soon. Fingers crossed, although I note the MLGW is conspicuously absent from the customer support page (which includes the beovision mx series in the list of products). I do hope they haven't cut us loose! 

Good stuff. Thanks for doing that. I also hope it's not a deliberate move. Certainly they will need to restore access to the Open source software section as access to that it is a requirement of the GNU licence.

Luke Spadavecchia
Top 500 Contributor
Brighton
172 Posts
Gold Member

The page is now back up and runningūüéČ

kimhav
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
174 Posts
Gold Member
kimhav replied on Sat, Mar 19 2016 2:43 PM

Is there a guide available or would it be possible to ask you to give a more step by step guide on how to setup the usage of scripts to have MLGW to control devices via Domoticz?

frog
Top 150 Contributor
Camberley UK
528 Posts
Founder
frog replied on Sat, Mar 19 2016 3:12 PM

I don't have a guide, but here is the python script that I use. Not up to my usual level of documentation, but you should be able to pick up the key points of connecting to th mlgw socket and switching on and off a light etc. using the device's idx. 

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6824073/mlgw_client.py

Check out the domoticz wiki on json calls for explanation of the statements used to interact with the devices in domoticz  

Good luck . 

Page 1 of 3 (37 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL