Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 32 Replies | 3 Followers

MJBeo
Top 500 Contributor
Netherlands
259 Posts
Gold Member
MJBeo posted on Sun, Jan 26 2014 3:46 PM

Hi Guys,

I have a NAS full of music, videos, series and photos. I am now streaming all these through a Lacinema Black Max media player using DLNA. Being a Beofan, I was looking for a B&O alternative, but I cannot find it:

- Beomedia does not seem to play large video files and is not suppose to (and of course everything has to be put on the machine itself)

- HDR1/2 has no option to put files on it from the computer

So, I need to buy raspberry pi with b&o compatible IR eye, any other media player with a IR control via Beovision, or a Beovision 11 with DLNA included. Do I miss anything?

Anyone want's to share their setup? O and PS: I do not want to leave my computer on (crazy apple TV), or convert every AVI clip that come from my camera into another specific format to be able to play it.

Cheers!

Beosystem 5500    BV7-32 MKIII + BL14.4 + MCL2P & CX100    AppleTV4 + Lintronic -238    4 link rooms with MCL2 A / MCL2 A/V + RL60.2 / CX50 & Cona / S45.2    Various Vintage restore objects

All Replies

symmes
Top 500 Contributor
247 Posts
Bronze Member
symmes replied on Tue, Jan 28 2014 12:56 AM

DoubleU:

As far as I know Kaleidescape rips the BRD, but in order to play, it needs the physical disc to be present. True, the GUI is fast and looks very slick, but with a HTCP running XBMC you will experience the same.

The firmware update Oppo had to do last year to disable ISO playback, is a major downgrade.

Good insight.

That's correct about the BR disc in place. but Kaleidescape still requires external processing to decode HD Audio. This thread suggests you can't have it all. 

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
1,820 Posts
Bronze Member

MJBeo:

Nice product, it's a shame it does not come with a DVD-2 jacket. 

Why are you crying in the wilderness? Not many fans?

I agree! It boggles the mind that B&O did not strike a deal with Oppo to have a B&O version encased in brushed aluminum. It would have looked perfect stacked on top of a BeoSystem 3.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,678 Posts
Bronze Member

+1

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Page 3 of 3 (33 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL