This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
Posts 1,413
Bronze Member
BeoGreg Posted: Wed, Oct 9 2013 11:01 AM

Hello Peter and Svend fans,

Once again, I've been offered a trade in for my BV 10-40 for a BV 11-46.

A customer needs a masterlink Tv.

The first offer by my dealer stopped brutally (the person who wanted a BV 10 changed is mind) and it could of course happen again.

As we all know on this forum, there's a Beolab 14 offer worth 2.495 € (2 speakers and a subwoofer), offer I absolutly don't care about.

The less wires I have, the more I'm happy and for the use I make of the Tv, main speakers are far enough. 

My dealer stated that my parents (who have a BV 11-46) could be interested with the speakers set, but they are less than me wich is an interest at the ground level.

So I need an advice : should I leave the offer and try to get a slightly better offer ; should I keep the speakers and sell them to a Beoworld member at a very good price ; should I leave the offer and ask for a "free" integrated HDD instead ?

Maybe you think of an other option (listen to the Beolab 14 and fell in love whith the 2.1 set...) ?

Any advice appreciated.

Also there are new Tv's and wireless products coming soon so it's maybe time to whait a little.

Gregory 

olvisab
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,359
Silver Member
olvisab replied on Wed, Oct 9 2013 12:24 PM

Hi gregory

Contactes moi sur mp, je te donnerai mon avis par tél (achat d'un bv11, offre bl14, revente bl14 ...).

Je suis dans le sud.

Cordialement

olivier

beolab 5, beolab 9, beolab 3, beolab 10, beolab 5000, beolab 8000, beolab 3500, IWS 2000, beovision 7 55 mk2,  beotime, beogram 7000 white mmc2, beosound ouverture, beosound essence, beomaster 900 RG de luxe and the collection continues...

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 4,822
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Wed, Oct 9 2013 12:33 PM

BeoGreg:

So I need an advice : should I leave the offer and try to get a slightly better offer ; should I keep the speakers and sell them to a Beoworld member at a very good price ; should I leave the offer and ask for a "free" integrated HDD instead ?

We don't know the offer? Are you saying that you can trade your BV10 against a BV11, plus you get the speakers for free as part of the trade-in? If so, this is a superb deal!

Yes, why not sell the speakers? You'd get a fair price for a set of new and unused BL14s. If you need an integrated HDD, then use some of the money you'll get from the BL14 sale towards the integrated HDD? I didn't go for this as it's handled by my external Sky box and the integrated HDD isn't a cheap option.

Mind you, if I had the BL14s, I'd be tempted to use the sub with the BV11. Makes a huge difference to the sound!

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
Posts 1,413
Bronze Member
BeoGreg replied on Wed, Oct 9 2013 1:48 PM

moxxey:

We don't know the offer? Are you saying that you can trade your BV10 against a BV11, plus you get the speakers for free as part of the trade-in? If so, this is a superb deal!

Yes, why not sell the speakers? You'd get a fair price for a set of new and unused BL14s. If you need an integrated HDD, then use some of the money you'll get from the BL14 sale towards the integrated HDD? I didn't go for this as it's handled by my external Sky box and the integrated HDD isn't a cheap option.

Mind you, if I had the BL14s, I'd be tempted to use the sub with the BV11. Makes a huge difference to the sound!

Moxxey,

I didn't whant to have a price discussion so I kept what was the most important, the trade in.

At the moment, and I haven't said "yes" to my dealer yet, I have to pay 3.845 € to get a BV 11-46 and get rid of my BV 10-40 MKI on motorised stand.

Of course, I'm eligible for the Beolab 14 offer but think could pass on it and have a better deal without having to sell the 2.1 set.

I also have an external HDD but it's only 160 GO and it's always full. I could change my box but nobody can tell me if it's compatible with the PUC codes. So it could be handy to have an integrated HDD appart that you can only record a few channels.

If ever I get the BV 11, hope the PUC handles the french "La Box" by Numericable (SAGEM).

Talking about the sub, does it have to stay on the floor or can it be on a furniture near a BS 9000 (vibrations ?). 

One thing I will miss though is the Lapis Lazuli color of the fret (don't like the new petrol blue).

Gregory 

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
Posts 3,292
Bronze Member
Take the sub. It will make a great combo with an 11, trust me.

Beovision Eclipse, BeoLab 17,Beolit 15, Beoplay A2 Active

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
Posts 1,413
Bronze Member
BeoGreg replied on Wed, Oct 9 2013 2:40 PM
Tonker:

Take the sub. It will make a great combo with an 11, trust me.

I should, no I must, take the time to listen to an on/off comparison Beolab 14 test.
moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 4,822
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Wed, Oct 9 2013 2:55 PM

BeoGreg:

I didn't whant to have a price discussion so I kept what was the most important, the trade in.

At the moment, and I haven't said "yes" to my dealer yet, I have to pay 3.845 € to get a BV 11-46 and get rid of my BV 10-40 MKI on motorised stand.

Of course, I'm eligible for the Beolab 14 offer but think could pass on it and have a better deal without having to sell the 2.1 set.

The price is extremely important when considering a trade-in or discussing it. If it was €5000, I'd say "definitely not". If it's €3845, I'd say "definitely worth it". Indeed, that's about the price I paid - a year ago - to upgrade from a BV10-46 to a BV11-46.....and I didn't get a set of BL14s thrown in!

Looking at what you wrote, you have a MKI BV10-40, the one with only two HDMI's? That's old now. I'm very surprised you only have to pay €3845, truth be told :)

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
Posts 1,413
Bronze Member
BeoGreg replied on Wed, Oct 9 2013 3:17 PM
moxxey:
I'm very surprised you only have to pay €3845, truth be told :)

A few months ago, the trade could have been made for 3.600 € of course without the BL 14 set.

Seems that getting rid of masterlink plug by B&O is a very good idea for us Bv 10 owners...
Marco6474
Not Ranked
Posts 54
Bronze Member
Marco6474 replied on Sat, Oct 12 2013 4:20 AM

I have the same concern. Interested in theBV 11-55 but not really in a 2.1 speaker set, I tried to get a good deal if I didn't buy it. I got the quote reduced by 500 euros. It seems that dealers have to pay for a part of the offer...

I'm considering getting it and trying to sell the pack afterward. Do you think it might interest anybody?  Or I may upgrade to a surround system if the price of the two additional speakers is affordable/realistic. Any idea of that price?

Thanks.

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
Posts 1,413
Bronze Member
BeoGreg replied on Sat, Oct 12 2013 10:46 PM
Two Beolab 14 2.1 sets soon available in France for a very good price !

Still no news from my dealer for the moment thought...
Marco6474
Not Ranked
Posts 54
Bronze Member
Marco6474 replied on Sun, Oct 13 2013 3:27 PM

Mine might be soon available but in the USA...

BV 11 mk2 finally ordered with the 2.1 Beolab 14. I'd wait for the new speakers to be unveiled before making my choice (still considering to upgrade the BL14 with two additional rear speakers, when I get a better extra price and use my Beolab 8000 in another room).

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL