rated by 0 users
This post has 699 Replies | 5 Followers

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,670
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Sat, Dec 14 2019 5:40 PM

Season 4 of "The Expanse" just dropped on Amazon. Great series. I've also read all 8 or 9 of the books in the series.

Catching up with "American Horror Story" again, on season 7 now, have 8 and 9 to follow. Speaking of which, Twisty The Clown is a lot scarier than Pennywise. Chances of running into a true demonic otherworldly clown are nil, chances of running into a psychotic clown like Twisty, not so remote.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 3,910
Bronze Member
chartz replied on Wed, Dec 18 2019 6:12 AM

I saw the first two seasons of The Expanse on Netflix, but now I’m stuck. Frustrating.

I refuse to subscribe to Amazon.

😤

Jacques

matador43
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 734
Bronze Member
matador43 replied on Wed, Dec 18 2019 9:16 AM

Jeff:

Season 4 of "The Expanse" just dropped on Amazon. Great series. I've also read all 8 or 9 of the books in the series.

Catching up with "American Horror Story" again, on season 7 now, have 8 and 9 to follow. Speaking of which, Twisty The Clown is a lot scarier than Pennywise. Chances of running into a true demonic otherworldly clown are nil, chances of running into a psychotic clown like Twisty, not so remote.

I've started The Expanse S4. I'd really liked the first 3 seasons and was haunted by the music. I've just seen the first S4 episode and I wonder if they're not pushing too far too much and how it will live as the action seems to be now mostly "on location". I think we have had enough of Scifi-which-turn-out-to-be-westerns shows. 

As for AHS, i gave up in the middle of S3 (the witch school). I find it ridiculous, cheap, too much of camera tricks to force a wannabe visual signature, and the anthology excuse to have the same cast again and again in different ridiculous disguises dont work for me. I also can't stand Sarah Paulson and her exaggerated acting. It's sad because i really like the posters i find promising… When you think its the Nip/Tuck team behind those show… Sad. 

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,670
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Wed, Dec 18 2019 3:35 PM

I've read all The Expanse books, all eight in the main series (waiting on 9) and a couple of the side books that are stories related to the main characters. The short one on Amos is interesting, he had a hard upbringing. Two things...

As they move out into the Ring expanse, things do change a lot, the focus of CIbola Burn was always the planet and what it was doing, and the book was more detailed.

Secondly, there are a couple of plot lines that take their own books and are woven intertwined in all the alter books relating to both defecting Martian navy types along with a ruthless OPA terrorist attack.p

The story line in season 4 is, by book reading, a bit rushed in order to get multiple plots rolling, and they've taken some artistic license to compress it. However, I think they did very well given the time constraints of one season, what, ten episodes? But having read the book helps understand what's going on. They captured the main things on the planet though, but of course the book was much more detailed about the alien artifacts and the company vs squatting belters issue.

I liked AHS season 7 at the beginning more than at the end, it kind of got over the top and annoying. I've generally enjoyed the other seasons but agree about the actor. WIl see how season 8 goes.

Jeff

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 12,863
Bronze Member

Just watched The Greatest Showman (Blu Ray).....

......and realized that I should be proud to be called a freak ;-)

Nice movie, that I/we certainly will watch one more time soon.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

matador43
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 734
Bronze Member
matador43 replied on Fri, Dec 27 2019 9:47 AM

Millemissen:
The Greatest Showman

I've liked it. It made me thinks a lot to Baz Lurhman's Moulin Rouge.

You should watch the "This is me" rehearsal video on youtube, very powerful! 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 12,863
Bronze Member

matador43:

Millemissen:
The Greatest Showman

I've liked it. It made me thinks a lot to Baz Lurhman's Moulin Rouge.

You should watch the "This is me" rehearsal video on youtube, very powerful! 

Yes, Moulin Rouge is something that I want to re-watch someday.

There is more than 2 hours of bonus material on the bluray disc, that we still want to watch...I guess that will be there too.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

matador43
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 734
Bronze Member
matador43 replied on Fri, Dec 27 2019 1:16 PM

Millemissen:
.I guess that will be there too.

If it is, watch carefully the background, you may spot Leogoneswild rising on its chair to do a very chilling countersing !

The down side of it is that after experiencing the energy of that workshop, the movies version felt flat, but without hurting the whole movie quality!

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,670
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Fri, Dec 27 2019 7:46 PM

Last night I serendipitously stumbled onto two movies I hadn't seen in forever, "Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes" and "Return Of The Killer Tomatoes," the latter of which starred a very young George Clooney. I'd forgotten what camp masterpieces these were, completely tongue in cheek and funny as can be. 

Jeff

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,670
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Wed, Jan 8 2020 2:07 PM

I bought the Criterion Collection special edition Blu-Ray of "Videodrome," one of my favorite movies, directed by David Cronenberg. It was the first David Cronenberg movie I ever saw, and I've been a fan of his work ever since.

It is one strange film. Surreal, disturbing, philosophical, and subversive. The making of shorts are amazing as well, they had to create a lot of different techniques never done before in order to accomplish the effects seen in the film.

Not a film for everyone perhaps, but an amazing film nonetheless. The video transfer is also outstanding, as you'd expect from the Criterion Collection.

Jeff

OldJack
Top 500 Contributor
Split
Posts 281
Gold Member
OldJack replied on Sun, Jan 19 2020 10:34 AM

Thriller,heart attacking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaLXAVy_AI4

Beogram 6500 MMC2,Beosound Ouverture,2xBeolab 8000,2xBelolab 4000,Beolab 2,Beolab 7.2,Beo4 navi, 2xBeocom2,Serene,Beosystem 3 mk3,H6 2nd gen,Earphones A8,A9 keyring,Bottle opener,Wine SetT(thanks botty),4Ktv Samsung 55'',Beolab 7.1 with 42''Panasonic plasma,Beoplay A1,Oppo udp-203, LinTronic.

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,384
Silver Member
vikinger replied on Sun, Jan 19 2020 3:59 PM

Norwegian detective series 'Wisting' currently showing in the U.K. on BBC4 with sub-titles (although there is a lot of English spoken in the early programmes). Apparently based on two novels. Quite interesting, although a bit formulaic with a main story interlaced with some personal mini stories.

Graham

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,670
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Mon, Jan 20 2020 4:13 AM

Lately I’ve been enjoying the old late 50s early 60s TV series “Naked City,” a crime drama set in NYC. It’s the show that always ends with the line “There are 8 million stories in the naked city, this has been one of them.” Actually a very good show and quite a time capsule too.

Jeff

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
Posts 3,351
Gold Member

The Calcutta Cup on my mother in laws Avant

Beovision Eclipse, BeoLab 17,Beolit 15, Beoplay A2 Active

matador43
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 734
Bronze Member

vikinger:

Norwegian detective series 'Wisting' currently showing in the U.K. on BBC4 with sub-titles (although there is a lot of English spoken in the early programmes). Apparently based on two novels. Quite interesting, although a bit formulaic with a main story interlaced with some personal mini stories.

Graham

Watching it too. I love those northern ambiances, Fortitude was so great, in a different style, Lillyhammer, while I'll never get through Trapped.

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,670
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Sun, Feb 9 2020 4:04 PM

I just watched an amazing documentary on Amazon Video, "The Legend Of Pancho Barnes And The Happy Bottom Riding Company." The Riding Company was the name of the bar at Edwards Air Force Base in California where all the test pilots hung out, including Chuck Yeager. The owner, Pancho Barnes, was apparently a true larger than life character. She was a pilot herself, took the women's speed record from Amelia Earhart (who she considered a bimbo), unionized the stunt pilots in Hollywood, just an amazing woman. A fascinating documentary.

Jeff

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,348
Gold Member
Duels replied on Thu, Mar 26 2020 6:58 AM
Watched The Platform on Netflix last night and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Set in a dystopian future prison, the inmates live on many levels where those on the lower levels only get to eat what those on the higher levels don’t or can’t consume themselves.

The timing of the release of this film is astonishing, certainly given the situation in the UK (but probably elsewhere too) at the moment where, in response to the Virus, people are basically buying much more than they need and seem not to care whether that that means others have to go without.

It’s an excellent social commentary.

deina
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
deina replied on Sun, Apr 5 2020 1:54 PM

personally i watch netflix every day, i just adore this platform! by the way make money to afford netflix on https://vipspinsreview.com

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,348
Gold Member
Duels replied on Sun, Apr 5 2020 2:37 PM
deina:

personally i watch netflix every day, i just adore this platform!

Nice Wink
matador43
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 734
Bronze Member

deina:

personally i watch netflix every day, i just adore this platform!

Personnelle with the confinement, i've watched ALL Netflix! I'm now waiting for Netflix Season 2 Big Smile

Page 18 of 18 (700 items) « First ... < Previous 14 15 16 17 18 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL