rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 49 Replies | 7 Followers

JanB
Not Ranked
42 Posts
Bronze Member
JanB posted on Sun, Jul 21 2013 9:59 AM

Hello

Anyone out there who knows what the latest software update for BP-V1 changed/added other than the new start-up logo? I can't find any information about what software changes might have been made, so it might just be some minor changes?

Regards 

Jan

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
921 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by tonstadhouders
Well, I did the update this morning on two of my televisions. I did not notice any difference. I also did not note the home control button to work I'm wondering if there might be some updates to blgw that is also require that I have not yet received. I did not notice any difference in the linking of sources as I link my audio through a NLML a converter anyway. If I am able to make any of these other things work I shall report back. I am anxious to see what the app does as well. I think we will see two way on the Beolink app in the coming months as well. Then we should have to a feedback on the iPhone or other device for shades curtains lights, etc.

All Replies

rob08
Top 500 Contributor
209 Posts
Bronze Member
rob08 replied on Sun, Jul 20 2014 9:25 PM
I don't think the v1/bv11 can handle .srt or .sub yet (unfortunately). However, they can read "hardcoded" subtitles in .mkv ( but then there's still the issue that you have to fast fwd or back to get it to show correctly.
cstettler
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member

Is there anyone who *can* confirm or even inform that this issue will be solved soon?

cstettler
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member

On swiss TV channels SRF1 and SRF2 I still see a black screen for 1-2 seconds when HBBTV pops up. I am running software version: A3.1.0.6.35496.

shinobi52
Top 500 Contributor
87 Posts
Bronze Member
New update avaible today :

It talks about a new app for iPad, but I don't find it on Apple Store...

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,643 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks for posting.

My V1 hadn't got it, but a search showed the update - and I could download it.

I guess the updated (version 2.0) BeoRemote is not out yet - but that can't take long.

Looking forward to see, how the integrated Program Guide works - that could make it more than just a software remote.

And also looking forward to hear from those who have more than one BSys4-based tv NL-linked together.

What does the update improve concerning sharing sources over the network!

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
921 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by tonstadhouders
Well, I did the update this morning on two of my televisions. I did not notice any difference. I also did not note the home control button to work I'm wondering if there might be some updates to blgw that is also require that I have not yet received. I did not notice any difference in the linking of sources as I link my audio through a NLML a converter anyway. If I am able to make any of these other things work I shall report back. I am anxious to see what the app does as well. I think we will see two way on the Beolink app in the coming months as well. Then we should have to a feedback on the iPhone or other device for shades curtains lights, etc.
mbee
Top 75 Contributor
Paris, France
1,769 Posts
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Mon, Dec 15 2014 2:26 PM

Let's hope that with Beoremote 2.0, B&O has implemented what can be done by Loewe TVs (and some set top boxes) for years : program a recording just by clicking on the EPG on your Phone/Tablet, at home or anywhere in the world... (I think that's the only feature really useful since my iPad is linked to my set-top box, with the ability to play aerial TV on the iPad from the set-top box) 

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder

mbee:
with the ability to play aerial TV on the iPad from the set-top box)

We used eyeTV to get that - and found it irritating rather than useful .... too much lag because of the real time encoding

BeoNut since '75

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
1,451 Posts
Bronze Member
Simonbeo replied on Mon, Dec 15 2014 11:06 PM

Updated the software . The Beoremote 2 does not appear to be in Apples list..

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8. Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.Beosound 1

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,516 Posts
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Mon, Dec 15 2014 11:19 PM

I updated my V1 and Avant55 today and now the Avant crashes when I go to home media. The Avant crashes with a loud click in all external speakers and my left BL9 is now glowing yellow. 

It has happened before, that home media makes the V1 (at least) crash after update but I can't remember how I resolved it. I tried resetting the network settings but that didnt help (I think that is what I did last time). Now I am keeping the system plugged out for a few minutes.

I just turned 30 a few minutes ago and wanted to watch a movie using the feature on my very expensive B&O gear. So happy birthday to me, in the dark :)

Beolab 50, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9 3rd Gen, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Eclipse Gen 2 55", BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
1,451 Posts
Bronze Member
Simonbeo replied on Mon, Dec 15 2014 11:23 PM

My son will be very upset if YouTube crashes when he tries to watch his minecraft nonsense In the morning...

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8. Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.Beosound 1

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,643 Posts
Bronze Member

Just tried pushing a movie from my NAS to the Home Media of my V1.

No crashing here - seems pretty normal so far.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,516 Posts
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Mon, Dec 15 2014 11:47 PM

Here is a video of how it crashes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0Qi2dmj0Ig

Beolab 50, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9 3rd Gen, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Eclipse Gen 2 55", BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder
Michael:

Here is a video of how it crashes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0Qi2dmj0Ig

Crashing aside - Happy Birthday !

BeoNut since '75

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
921 Posts
Bronze Member
There was a beolink gateway update as well.

Does anyone know the current version of the blgw software?

I think mine is stuck on an old version.

I did find the link to other NL products. You can link to two other NL products.

Pretty nice little feature but realistically not that useful UNLESS you don't have an audio product on the system in which case the link could be to an avant n.radio and give you music across an entire system.

I connect to a bs5 through the NL/ml converter so I don't have a need for the connections honestly for an audio only.

Now video transfer... That'd be a new one!
Page 2 of 4 (50 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL