Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

CD Not Playing on Beosound 9000

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 43 Replies | 5 Followers

LewHand
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member
LewHand posted on Fri, May 17 2013 3:52 PM

Hello guys new to the forum

I have a Beosound 9000 which has been sitting there for the past 2 years and decided to start using it again. However I found that I put the CD in a slot, I could select the player to move to and mount. When I press play the CD will only move about 5 to 6mm and the display would only read the CD Number and 00:00.

After looking through the internet I found that it is a common problem that the lasers fail so I have now replaced it but it is still exactly the same.

Any ideas about what else I could try?

All Replies

Ingo
Top 500 Contributor
Da wo die Weser einen groรŸen Bogen macht
139 Posts
Bronze Member
Ingo replied on Fri, May 17 2013 11:31 PM

I think the laser is not the problem, the complete cd-drive needs to be replacedWink

Ingo

BeoVision Eclipse 55“ wallmounted, BeoRemote One BT; BeoSound 9000(ex-weiss), BeoLab 9; BeoLab 8000 rot; Beosound 1 grün; BeoPlay H6; Beo4

joeyboygolf
Top 25 Contributor
Ely, Cambridgeshire, UK
4,180 Posts
Bronze Member

Ingo:

I think the laser is not the problem, the complete cd-drive needs to be replacedWink

Ingo

I agree. You need to obtain the correct CD mechanism kit for your particular model from your B&O dealer. Worked every time for me!

Regards Graham

Playdrv4me
Top 150 Contributor
USA
477 Posts
Bronze Member

There's the laser diode, the laser suspension (which goes out a lot on the VAM1250) and what B&O call the "turntable motor". All of these are points of failure so it all comes as a kit.

LewHand
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks for the replies, I have only just seen this now as I didn't get an email notification for some reason. I have been trying to source the CD mechanism from the internet rather than straight to B&O but having no luck.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

joeyboygolf
Top 25 Contributor
Ely, Cambridgeshire, UK
4,180 Posts
Bronze Member

Your only option is direct from B&O as they are not a standard Philips part. They were produced specifically for B&O and the kit you want will depend on your model and serial number.

Try your local service centre.

Regards Graham

conlie
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Silver Member
conlie replied on Wed, May 22 2013 2:01 AM

Just to let you know I have the same problem.  I had not used my 9000 for about 3 years.  CD 5 doesn't play at all and the others play when they feel like it.   The system is quite noisy as well.  I spoke to the service agent.  He explained that the lasers have a life of anywhere between 3 and 5 years and not using the system has the same wear and tear as using the system.

You may need to replace the laser system or CD drive (not sure of the correct terms) as suggested on the other posts.  In Australia this costs about $500

Hope this helps

marexy
Top 150 Contributor
663 Posts
Bronze Member

Hello all

I just bought through eBay Beosound 9000 MK1.
I have to say that the seller failed to disclose that a lot of things that were wrong.
Among other things, cd player does not work.
It is placed in the rightmost position.
I can not put on the CD, and when I press the play appears CD1 and 00:00
After a few seconds, pause.
Original mechanism VAM 1205.
As I researched the possible change in the mechanism of laser-laser meanizem 12.04 and  CDM12.10  because the name of the same motor as  1205.
VAM 1205 laser processor has also TDA1302T  as CDM 12.4
VAM 1205 has the same brusless motor as the CDM 12.10

Please advise.

I am not in position to pay 300€ for new upgrade...realy to much topay!! :(

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,542 Posts
Bronze Member

eBay = cheap ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

marexy
Top 150 Contributor
663 Posts
Bronze Member

works or not ?Indifferent

anyone done it? ..with ebay CDM ..

Rivenflush
Top 200 Contributor
Gothenburg
333 Posts
Bronze Member

conlie:

Just to let you know I have the same problem.  I had not used my 9000 for about 3 years.  CD 5 doesn't play at all and the others play when they feel like it.   The system is quite noisy as well.  I spoke to the service agent.  He explained that the lasers have a life of anywhere between 3 and 5 years and not using the system has the same wear and tear as using the system.

Is this really true, what a piece of sh*t if that's so... I have not got that impression of the Beosound 9000 though...

My B&O products: Beosound 9000, Beosound 2300, Beosound Century, Beolab 8000, Beolab 6000, Beolab 4000 x2, Beolab 3500, Beolab 2000, Beolab 10, Beolink Active x2, Beotime, Beo5 x2, Beo4, A9 keyring x2, LC2 dimmer x6 and growing....

DoubleU
Top 150 Contributor
562 Posts
Bronze Member

Right, the laser that waits in stock for you, is wearing and tearing as we speak... 

marexy
Top 150 Contributor
663 Posts
Bronze Member

so..

one more time ..plase let me know if anyone solve problem with aftermarket CDM  on Ebay?

I know B&O is a complex device but it is not NASA device.

Please help...realy want to repair my BS 9000 MK1

marexy
Top 150 Contributor
663 Posts
Bronze Member

Can't belive that you have no experiance with repairing low budget way.

kallasr
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
2,468 Posts
Founder

LewHand:

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

a good (re)seller on german ebay has one for sale: LINK

EDIT: Sorry, just MKII/MKIII, just noticed you got a MKI..

Ralf

Living Room: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-2 (Center), Beolab 9 (Fronts), Beolab 8000 (Rears), no Subwoofer. Screen: Sony KD-85XH9096
Home Cinema: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-2 (Center), Beolab Penta 2 (Fronts), Beolab 4000 (Rears) and Beolab 2. Projector: Sony VPL-HW55
Home Office: Beovision 10-40 on STB Bracket wall mount. Beosound 9000 MK3 on horizontal wall bracket driving Beolab 5000 Speakers
Bedroom: Loewe TV with Beolab 6002 and Beolab 11 (all white, wall-mounted)
In storage: Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000 (1960s). 

Page 1 of 3 (44 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL