B&O's future line up

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 48 Replies | 2 Followers

gmittal
Not Ranked
44 Posts
Bronze Member
gmittal posted on Wed, Mar 13 2013 5:28 PM

Hey guys, so I visited my local B&O dealer today. While I was discussing a probable upgrade, he told me that B&O is about to come up with some out of the world, extraordinary products this year and that he was not at liberty to say. Is that true? Does anyone here have any idea?

All Replies

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
3,531 Posts
Bronze Member
A wild stab in the dark surround sound system, and maybe some cool cans :-/

The sooner the better as I've lent most of my A8's out, and they don't seem to want to come back..

Beosound Stage, Beovision 8-40, Beolit 20, Beosound Explore.

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,355 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 7:24 PM

gmittal:

Hey guys, so I visited my local B&O dealer today. While I was discussing a probable upgrade, he told me that B&O is about to come up with some out of the world, extraordinary products this year and that he was not at liberty to say. Is that true? Does anyone here have any idea?

My dealer often tells me the same thing and, only when pushed, starts telling me about the forthcoming 'amazing' products, leaving me distinctly underwhelmed. My dealer told the about the A3 about a year before the release and made it sound like it was a world-beating revolutionary product :)

I'm sure there's some good stuff on the way, but a dealer just making a random forward-thinking assumption, doesn't get me too excited.

Doonesbury
Top 500 Contributor
Landisville, PA, USA
168 Posts
Bronze Member

If you read the language this was written in, could you give us a synopsis in English?

David

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,355 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 10:51 PM

Doonesbury:

If you read the language this was written in, could you give us a synopsis in English?

Mistake made on my part.

MediaBobNY
Top 75 Contributor
Greenwich Village, NYC
1,106 Posts
Bronze Member

Probably referring to the link shown above.  Danish?

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,608 Posts
Bronze Member

sl wrote: "perhaps you take a look at:

http://www.hifi4all.dk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=46053&PN=1&TPN=275"

Do not let that fool you!

That is one of Peter Pans "wish-for-projects" - a new digital/wireless speaker.

Don't think that that will ever come/it won't be in the future line up... Paradise

Greetings Millemissen

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

BeoBoy68
Top 75 Contributor
Alsace 🇨🇵
1,247 Posts
Bronze Member
Elegant design project by Peter Pans !
9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
7,217 Posts
Founder
9 LEE replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 5:27 PM

moxxey:

Doonesbury:

And how does that fit in to this thread, exactly? You have read the rules? Apologies if you weren't able to understand the complex sentences and long words.

Could you please explain what you mean by that comment Moxxey?  I'm sure it wasn't meant that way, but it does come across as pretty arrogant..

I'm sure there's an innocent explanation and it was meant completely differently to how it appears.  Smile

Lee

Doonesbury
Top 500 Contributor
Landisville, PA, USA
168 Posts
Bronze Member

MediaBobNY:

Probably referring to the link shown above.  Danish?

You've got it!  I didn't see the "quote" link when I posted my original response.

David

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
7,357 Posts
Gold Member

Doonesbury:
You've got it!  I didn't see the "quote" link when I posted my original response.

This shows how easy it is to misunderstand posts without a clear context.

FYI to everybody: if you click on the "replied on" link in the post caption, if will take you to the post the author was replying to. It's a good idea to check it before starting to throw stones.

--mika

Playdrv4me
Top 200 Contributor
USA
477 Posts
Bronze Member

I don't know if anyone here is familiar with Leo Laporte's TWiT network, but one of the shows they do, "Home Theater Geeks", interviewed a pair of gents from the "WiSA" Wireless Speaker and Audio group on this past Monday's episode. These guys are doing some pretty incredible things with full LOSSLESS wireless audio in a wide open section of the 5GHz frequency spectrum. They mentioned that B&O are one of their initial launch partners and that products should be forthcoming before the end of this year from many of their partners. No clue what B&O has in store for this technology, but I immediately thought of them before they were even mentioned as a partner, since this technology works best with amplified speakers... 

http://twit.tv/show/home-theater-geeks/151

In any case, the wireless speaker thing is probably real. Whether this is truly exciting or not is more difficult to say.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,608 Posts
Bronze Member

That is HIGHLY interesting!

With Bang & Olufsen as a member of the WiSA Association we MIGHT expect something wireless coming soon.

In the future Bang & Olufsen needs to be one step ahead - not one step behind.

Greetings Millemissen

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Roger
Top 200 Contributor
Norway
417 Posts
Bronze Member
Roger replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 11:44 AM

A new (and rather annoying) policy is to keep the lid on new products until they are ready for launch. The BeoLab 15-16 launch was a surprise to most dealers as they received the news at the same day as visitors to www.bang-olufsen.com

I do think that we will have less accurate gossip in the future - unless we have someone on this forum with very good contacts at StruerCool

Roger

Page 1 of 4 (49 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL