Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

missing BG4000

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 122 Replies | 0 Followers

Craig
Top 50 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,981 Posts
Silver Member
Craig posted on Tue, Oct 19 2021 11:56 AM

Following a protracted delivery process Justin was finally able to get this to me, seems it had fallen off DHL's radar a week or so ago and we feared the worst........

All Replies

sonavor
Top 25 Contributor
Texas, United States
3,715 Posts
Gold Member

Here is the installation.

Note that the yellow wire from the power supply board was spliced and became a blue wire in the twisted blue pair of wires from the power supply board over to the strobe circuit.

-John

Craig
Top 50 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,981 Posts
Silver Member

John

Thanks for that....I've ordered the components and will have a go, I have had to order the Bivar R50RG2-5-0080 LED's as like you said the other is no longer available. Moving on...I have given the slider switches some attention, they don't look in bad shape but these switches can cause a lot of grief if they don't operate  cleanly. All the switch contact surfaces can be cleaned by removing the saddles...except the 25/30 switch that has to have the leaf spring removed.

Craig
Top 50 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,981 Posts
Silver Member

Saddles cleaned up....I used a glass fibre pen for this exercise.....  

Craig
Top 50 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,981 Posts
Silver Member

All cleaned up

Craig
Top 50 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,981 Posts
Silver Member

Saddles back in place

Craig
Top 50 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,981 Posts
Silver Member
Craig replied on Sun, Oct 31 2021 4:33 PM

I've just had an epiphany, or as some may say "a lightbulb moment" regarding the strobe lamp.....can anyone come up with a reason why I cannot connect across the 240vac incoming supply fuses through the reed relay and then into the strobe lamp? I seem to recall something about back EMF generated when disconnecting a coil i.e. an ignition coil on a car engine....could this be an issue bearing in mind the reed relay would open when the set is switched off?.........any thoughts would be welcome Wink 

Craig
Top 50 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,981 Posts
Silver Member

With the neon lamp moved to the back burner for now I've looked inside the control panel....the lamps are working but are a little dim, and grimy.

Craig
Top 50 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,981 Posts
Silver Member

As Justin sent me two sets of LED's when I worked on his other 4000 I decided to replace the incandescent lamps with the new LED's...

Craig
Top 50 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,981 Posts
Silver Member

However I'm not too sure about the colours.......Justin, It's your call. I can leave the scale as is...or revert to the incandescent lamps?

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
4,159 Posts
Gold Member
chartz replied on Thu, Nov 4 2021 12:34 PM

Aren’t the LED’s too bright?

Jacques

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
4,159 Posts
Gold Member
chartz replied on Thu, Nov 4 2021 12:34 PM

Aren’t the LED’s too bright?

Jacques

Craig
Top 50 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,981 Posts
Silver Member

Yes they do look a little sudden I agree, Justin has sent me these replacement LED's.......much better result ;¬)

Craig
Top 50 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,981 Posts
Silver Member

As Justin is pursuing a replacement transformer I decided I would have a pop at a neon lamp replacement, just for my own amusement as I'm intrigued by the concept Wink 

Craig
Top 50 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,981 Posts
Silver Member

And the other components underway....I will test this out with my variac 

Craig
Top 50 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,981 Posts
Silver Member

spent a bit more time on this little project today....

Page 4 of 9 (123 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL