Spotify Connect arrives in alot of B&O products

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 46 Replies | 1 Follower

baronvejrup
Top 500 Contributor
128 Posts
Bronze Member
baronvejrup posted on Fri, Oct 15 2021 2:19 PM

BOTF #shorts Bang & Olufsen just released new software update Spotify Connect to many speakers
https://youtu.be/zPUfAzz_iTg

Find me on YouTube : Bang & Olufsen Teknisk Forum : https://www.youtube.com/c/BangOlufsenTekniskForum

All Replies

libor
Not Ranked
39 Posts
Bronze Member
libor replied on Mon, Oct 18 2021 12:23 PM

"Yes, but that many devices aren’t there that it would have to take several days/nights."

Exactly, it would be matter of hours, not days. It has been 3 days and there is no trace of new software for me. Also I am in Europe.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,591 Posts
Bronze Member

I suppose we/some of us will have to be patient, then.

Maybe they need a couple of weeks to roll it out…..in order to hear the feedback from those, who were lucky enough to be the first.

And I guess, that it will start to be really interesting once Spotify HIFI is rolled out too.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
261 Posts
Bronze Member
Spotify on M3 is now mentioned on B&O support page:

https://support.bang-olufsen.com/hc/en-us/articles/360050794012-How-do-I-set-up-Beoplay-M3-for-use-with-Spotify-

Best regards - Dyssegaard

Living room: Beovision Eclipse 55, Beolab 3 / R1 (back), Beolab 2 / R1 (sub), AppleTV 4K. Bedroom: Beovision 11-40, AppleTV 4. Home office: Beoplay M5. Kitchen: Beoplay M5. Travel: Beoplay H8, Beoplay A1. NAS: WD My Cloud Home / Plex DLNA Server.

ebnrob
Top 500 Contributor
UK
173 Posts
Gold Member
ebnrob replied on Mon, Oct 18 2021 10:07 PM

TWG:

According to the discussions here on Beoworld and the short video (with good music by the way) the following devices have the update:

- M3

- M5

- Beosound Core

- Beoplay A9 MK1

- Beosound 1 / Beosound 1 GVA

Please feel free to contribute if there are more devices with spotify connect (re-)enabled.

Very interesting that the A9 MK1 is supported again... as spotify support was removed in 2018 which resulted in some angry customers:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Podcasts-Partners-etc/B-amp-O-and-Spotify-Connect/td-p/4393407/page/3

A VERY positive move from Bang & Olufsen to listen to their customers and bring back the functionality.

The M5 and Core have always have spotify connect though.

libor
Not Ranked
39 Posts
Bronze Member
libor replied on Tue, Oct 19 2021 6:19 PM

So guys, did anobody get the update later? Millemissen?

Henrik wrote this under the video:

"
Hi guys - now the update should be rolled out.! Check if you can update your product - if not - go into the webserver of the product (the black page under config) see if the update comes up there.

libor
Not Ranked
39 Posts
Bronze Member

Edit

libor
Not Ranked
39 Posts
Bronze Member

Edit

Beouser66
Not Ranked
41 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi,

the rollout are started in the nordic countrys first , then after that rest of the world

wanc1
Not Ranked
29 Posts
Bronze Member
wanc1 replied on Tue, Oct 19 2021 8:36 PM

will beosound edge get Spotify connect as well?

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,591 Posts
Bronze Member

Beouser66:

Hi,

the rollout are started in the nordic countrys first , then after that rest of the world

That seems to be the reason.

However, one may wonder why the support was not able to provide me with that information (there were three guys involved in my request).

And also - it would be nice, if we could have a scedule for the roll-out.

By the way - if you go to the german part of the B&O website, you will find exactly the same information on use and opdating of the M3 in order to have Spotify Connect there as on the danish part of the site……despite the fact that the update is not rolled out in Germany (yet).

MM

petermc
Top 500 Contributor
Australia
128 Posts
Founder
petermc replied on Wed, Oct 20 2021 11:30 AM
My M3 and M5’s updated tonight. I’m in Australia.

Not sure what the update did on the M5’s but Spotify is now working on the M3 which is brilliant.

Peter
Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
1,667 Posts
Bronze Member

A6, M3's, Harmony just updated.

the Netherlands

BeoJosh
Top 500 Contributor
89 Posts
Gold Member

11 of my speakers/TVs including Harmony, A9, BS1 and BS2 updated this morning here in the US.

--
Beovision Harmony 77, Beovision Harmony 65 x2, Beovision Contour 48, LG GX 65/Beosound Stage/STB Stand
Beolab 50s, Beolab 28s, Beolab 18s x3, Beolab 19, Beoplay A9, Beosound Edge, Beosound 2 x2, Beosound 1 x2, Beosound Level x2, Beosound Core x2, Beoplay M3, Beosound 9000, Beogram TX2, Beogram 6500 White Edition, 4000c (on order), Beoremote One x8, Beoremote Halo x3, BLC NL/ML
Beoplay H95 x3, Beoplay EQ x2, Beoplay E8, Beoplay E8 Sport, Beosound A1 x2

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,591 Posts
Bronze Member

Carolpa:

A6, M3's, Harmony just updated.

the Netherlands

Thanks - I had a look at mine (in the app) - lo and behold....also available now - and downloading.....and success!

I am on a german ip here.

Thank you B&O Smile

MM

trackbeo
Top 150 Contributor
639 Posts
Bronze Member

BeoSound 1 2nd.gen (non-GVA, North America) updated from: 1.11.45905   to: 1.12.47108

Spotify Connect is working.  Note: You might have to exit the Spotify application and restart it to force it to scan for devices.  Should be automatic, but it didn't discover my BS1/2gen/non-GVA/1.12 until I quit.  

As expected & reported, my 1.7 BS1 (as an example) cannot be joined to my 1.12 BS1 while the latter is playing via Spotify Connect -- doesn't even show up in the B&O App's list -- but it can be joined while playing from the DLNA server.  Whether this is the B&O App being "smart" to prevent it, or some underlying "feature" of Spotify Connect protocol interaction is unknowable for mere mortals, but I confirm the rule stated that the speaker joining must also have Spotify Connect support is true, or "enforced", or whatever.

---> The bug where DLNA playback does not update the counter from 0:00 is still (¡STILL!) not fixed.  (Since 1.7.  That's at least 3 versions now...)

Minor app bug: Product Settings/About still reports the old 1.11 software version #, even though Product Settings/Software shows the new 1.12 version #.  App must be storing it somewhere, because the device's webserver reports the correct new # too.

Page 2 of 4 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL