rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 62 Replies | 2 Followers

Curly
Top 500 Contributor
FL, USA
314 Posts
Gold Member
Curly posted on Wed, Sep 29 2021 6:57 PM

I'll preempt Henrik's BOTF video, which drops tomorrow, and the official B&O announcement...

From the looks of it, Halo is getting new HomeKit-like functionality with interfacing to climate, lighting, motorized window treatments and more.

I'm excited to see what's in store because I have felt that, so far, Halo is just a very expensive volume up/down device. This looks promising!

I hope they put in basic Timer and Alarm functionality too...

Currently: BeoLab 17, BeoLab 18, BeoSound Core, Beosound Level, Beosound A1 2nd Gen, BeoPlay S8 Connection Hub, Halo, Essence Remote

Previously: BeoSound 1 non-GVA

All Replies

Top 150 Contributor
521 Posts
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Wed, Sep 29 2021 7:15 PM

What I understood is that the update requires the BLI. In that case alarm and timers functionality should be available (through macro’s).

Top 150 Contributor
521 Posts
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Wed, Sep 29 2021 7:15 PM

What I understood is that the update requires the BLI. In that case alarm and timers functionality should be available (through macro’s).

Curly
Top 500 Contributor
FL, USA
314 Posts
Gold Member
Curly replied on Wed, Sep 29 2021 7:53 PM

Can you please define "BLI"?

Currently: BeoLab 17, BeoLab 18, BeoSound Core, Beosound Level, Beosound A1 2nd Gen, BeoPlay S8 Connection Hub, Halo, Essence Remote

Previously: BeoSound 1 non-GVA

BeoFrederic
Top 500 Contributor
250 Posts
Bronze Member

Curly:

Can you please define "BLI"?

I think that's Beoliving Intelligence.  

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,481 Posts
Bronze Member

In my understanding - actually we should talk about updates for the BLI (BeoLiving Intelligence, the B&O device for Home Automation), which will have an effect on how the Halo can be used….which also becomes some updates.

Means updates for the Halo, that basicly are interesting for the BLI users.

We will soon know more.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Csaba
Top 500 Contributor
Oslo, Norway
114 Posts
Bronze Member
Csaba replied on Thu, Sep 30 2021 9:54 AM

I wonder how many B&O or non-B&O customers have home automation and to what extent? My impression is that people that are into tech a bit more than the average have also more gadgets to automate their homes. Immediately there I am lost because I am sure you can have a ton of options and the whole thing seems too overwhelming to even start with. In my home, even if I’m in IT, I am not particularly interested in having home-tech for that reason, at least for now. It’s the sort of thing that I might consider later but my iPhone is more than enough and need no Apple Watch in addition.

Furthermore, market opportunities are bigger in certain countries, but it is either a rapidly growing business that B&O wants to ride «early» on or are they sort of interested but not quite as committed as they should/could be? The fact of the matter is that I have to admit that I know too little about home automation in general, how BLI comes into the picture, what the potential is and how many more Halos this could sell for B&O. Would this even attract people to other B&O product categories? I have too many questions :).

With that said though, I still find it cool that they want to make use of Halo in this way. It makes a lot of sense due to the user interface, for a certain target audience, just like the Beogram 400x upgrade program.

Would anyone be so kind as to enlightening me?

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
1,953 Posts
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Thu, Sep 30 2021 10:11 AM

I hope that rather than "BLI" it will at least be "BLGW/BLI." The two are very similar. I've preferred to keep the BLGW since the BLI dropped ML.

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
293 Posts
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Thu, Sep 30 2021 10:25 AM

This is great news! I was holding my horses for buying a Halo due to limited functionality. Now I believe that it will be number one in my shopping list!

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
1,953 Posts
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Thu, Sep 30 2021 12:08 PM

My Halos this morning show a message that their software was updated. However, I can see no differences either on the Halo menu or in the setup on the B&O app.

swestland
Not Ranked
33 Posts
Bronze Member

I guess there are many custom installation done with B&O devices by several dealers. I can only assume that those customers have some home automation as well. Going to the more average consumer, more and more are having Hue light bulbs which can be turned down when starting a movie for example. Those are simple automations which users can enjoy from their Halo. Look at what a Logitech Harmony remote can do, I guess B&O wants to offer those options as well. 

mr_anders_son
Top 75 Contributor
sweden
1,688 Posts
Founder

beojeff:

My Halos this morning show a message that their software was updated. However, I can see no differences either on the Halo menu or in the setup on the B&O app.

Same here. 

Still same sw version 1.3.570

BeoVision Eclipse 55"...BeoLab 5 FRONT....BeoLab 4000 as REAR....BV5 HD....Beoplay V1-40....BV10-32....BC6-26....Beosound 9000....Beosound 1 New York edt....Beogram 4002....Beoplay M5....Beoplay M3....Beoremote Halo....BeoRemote One BT....Beo6....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....H95 Black LTD....H9i Rimowa....6 x H6....Form 1....U70...

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
1,953 Posts
Bronze Member

mr_anders_son:

beojeff:

Same here. 

Still same sw version 1.3.570

Perhaps the Halo's software was updated in advance of an upcoming update to the B&O app. It would make sense that the app would be used to connect the Halo to the BLGW/BLI. Maybe it will use the same Home Control organization that we already see in BeoLiving App. E.g., Scenes, Shades, Lights, Thermostat, and Security.

So when exactly is this meeting?

--

BeoLab 18's. Beolab 3's. A8. A9. A2. H7.

Top 150 Contributor
521 Posts
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Thu, Sep 30 2021 3:43 PM

Tonight at 20:00 CET (Danish only I guess) at Bang & Olufsen Teknisk Forum - YouTube

Page 1 of 5 (63 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL