Beogram 5500 Tracking Issue

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 8 Replies | 1 Follower

erikh
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member
erikh posted on Wed, Aug 25 2021 3:41 PM

I purchased a Beogram 5500 in January 2021 for $425 and it was in pristine condition EXCEPT that when I attempt to play a record the tonearm continually tracks to the end and then returns to the STOP/Standby position. A local technician informed me that the 'tonearm sensor' is faulty and needs replaced. I have been considering buying a compatible B&O tangential tracking model for the part needed to repair my 5500 and would like to know what other turntable models would be suitable for the repair. There is a TX2, 5005, and 3300 currently available for purchase at around $200. Any input would be greatly appreciated!Smile

All Replies

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
13,147 Posts
Founder
Dillen replied on Wed, Aug 25 2021 4:02 PM

Does it lower the tonearm on to the record?

Martin

erikh
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member
erikh replied on Wed, Aug 25 2021 4:10 PM

Yes...at first it was believed that the needle was worn out and couldn't hold the record groove, but I purchased a new cartridge and the problem remained

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
13,147 Posts
Founder
Dillen replied on Wed, Aug 25 2021 4:28 PM

Tracking force set correctly (slider at the side of the tonearm)?

Martin

erikh
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member
erikh replied on Wed, Aug 25 2021 4:34 PM

Yes

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
13,147 Posts
Founder
Dillen replied on Wed, Aug 25 2021 4:37 PM

Faulty or wrongly adjusted tracking opto in the carriage housing. Perhaps a lose adjustment screw or a bad tonearm pivot.

Martin 

erikh
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member
erikh replied on Wed, Aug 25 2021 4:44 PM

Thanks Martin, I will pass this info along to my tech and see if this resolves the issue!

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
13,147 Posts
Founder
Dillen replied on Wed, Aug 25 2021 4:48 PM

The opto and lamp sits inside the black carriage housing, but can be adjusted from outside.
New parts (if needed) can be found in www.beoparts-shop.com where you can also find the correct belts etc.

Martin

erikh
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member
erikh replied on Wed, Aug 25 2021 6:01 PM

Thanks again, Martin! I have forwarded this info to the person who has my unit. Hope this is just an adjustment and if not just the necessary replacement part can be obtained. 

Erik

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL