rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Oli
Not Ranked
Eton
Posts 3
Bronze Member
Oli Posted: Wed, Jul 21 2021 10:40 AM

Hi All! I've a long term project to restore/repair a Beosound 9000.

Hopefully documenting it on this forum is allowed, useful for others, and may even mean I make fewer mistakes!

I've limited knowledge of the level of electronics/electrical required for this project, but I like to think I'm not stupid (watch me prove that wrong now!)

The main issue, I think, is the power board. I was fortunate enough to receive the 9000 with a capacitor rattling around in the remote control compartment... and I'm yet to locate where that goes! Other issues include missing grub screws, a small wire that seems to have no use (maybe a radio antenna...?) and I've no cables yet...

my current progress here (any comments welcome!):

Photo album

Current function video

First steps break time

Oli
Not Ranked
Eton
Posts 3
Bronze Member
Oli replied on Thu, Jul 22 2021 11:39 AM

Progress!

The gap has been found (video)

I've two questions:

1. How would be best to go about soldering on a new capacitor, I'm not going to have much luck with anything surface mounted!
  2. The cable I show in the video, what is it?! any guesses? any help?!

A request:

• If anyone has a Mark II and is able to photograph this area (C,2) of (what I think is) board 3, I'd love to see it!
    I want to make sure I'm replacing the component in the correct place and orientation!

Please do let me know your thoughts, good and bad! I'm sure there is some good I can do by sharing this journey.

(check out the album updates if you've got a Mark II project as well)

Oli
Not Ranked
Eton
Posts 3
Bronze Member
Oli replied on Thu, Jul 22 2021 12:32 PM

my plan of attack is to solder this in with as little connecting wire as possible, and insulating as much as possible!

22uF 6.3v polar capacitor

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL