BeoVision 6-26 no picture/won’t turn on

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 0 Followers

britain4
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member
britain4 posted on Fri, May 7 2021 3:47 PM

Hey all, just purchased a BeoVision 6-26 used. It had a PIN lock on it and stupidly I decided to have a guess at it anyway. Only afterwards did I find the correct PIN written in the manual.

Anyway since trying to enter the PIN code the TV doesn’t appear to switch on. It goes into standby with the red light, flashes briefly with a green light when switched on but then the light goes out and no further activity. Doesn’t seem to respond to the standby button on the remote but does automatically go back into standby after a few minutes. 

This doesn’t strike me as being a PIN lock feature but I could be wrong - any advice on how to proceed with it before I notify the seller? Thanks  

All Replies

Jack
Not Ranked
Poland
15 Posts
Bronze Member
Jack replied on Fri, May 7 2021 4:47 PM

User Guide:

If you change your pincode more than five

times within a three-hour period, the PINCODE

menu becomes inaccessible for three hours,

assuming the system remains on during this time.

Switching off the system lengthens the delay.

britain4
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks for that - I haven’t tried to change the pincode, and the whole display is black, not just the PIN code menu. 

Checking the user guide it does also say:

Five incorrect entries will cause the television to shut down for three hours, during which operation is not possible.

I’d assume there would be some kind of display on the screen to confirm this rather than just staying completely dead?  But it sounds like that might be a possibility. I did get an instruction manual with the device which doesn’t mention the PIN function anywhere, which I was previously referring to. 

britain4
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member

Seems like it might just be an odd quirk of the TV - waited the 3 hours (more like 4) and it came back on again 

Never known a PIN lock just shut the whole TV down backlight and everything without a warning message haha. Thanks for reading, hopefully that’s it now 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL