rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 20 Replies | 2 Followers

altist
Not Ranked
67 Posts
Gold Member
altist posted on Sun, May 2 2021 8:24 PM

Good evening.

I have a beosystem 6500 and a BV11 set up in front of me and they both use the same Beolab 9 speakers. Can I set the options via Beo 4 so that the TV command for the BV11 doesn't turn on the Aux connection on the Beomaster 6500? I cant find the answer easily at the present time. I'm not using the Beo4 to control the Beosystem as I have a Beolink 1000,MCP6500 and Beolink 7000 to do that,...overkill I know! Thank you for any help that anyone can offer...the TV is in V-Opt 2 but not sure what the Beosystem is in at present. 

All Replies

altist
Not Ranked
67 Posts
Gold Member
Hi MM,I’ll give it a try when back home. And yes the problem is still that the beomaster responds to the beo 4 tv commands. I’ve set the system up as per Steve’s recommendation as had that cable from a previous use.

I’m going to unplug the amplifier tonight and see if that perhaps sorts it..plus try another beo4 nav remote to see if the problem lies there. At present the options are tv in opt2 and beomaster in opt 1.
altist
Not Ranked
67 Posts
Gold Member
Gentlefolk many and various!

Well back home I picked up an old style Beo4 in bedroom and tried it..no aux initiated…!!Reckoning my luck couldn’t hold out,I dug out a spare nav beo4 and tried that. No aux again and just for luck tried my beolink 1000 on tv and again no adverse aux appearing. What’s odd is that the now rogue beo4 nav works perfectly in every other way that I’ve used it. Wish I had thought to try this much earlier. One lives and learns.

Thank you all for your many suggestions and advice re solutions. I’m happy It’s working as expected.
Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
2,319 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Tue, May 4 2021 8:46 PM

The Beo4 Navi has a 'zones' setting that may be causing the discrepancy.  From the user guide:

Beo4 zones (ZONE?)

ALL Used if you have one Beo4 in each room for all your products (default

setting).

VIDEO Used if you have more than one Beo4 in a room and you want to use

it to activate both video and audio sources via your video product.

AUDIO Used if you have more than one Beo4 in a room and you want to use

it to activate both audio and video sources via your audio product.

LINK Used if you have, for example, more than one television in the same

room (Option 4). Refer to the Guide enclosed with your product. 

I think it may be in 'Audio'.  Maybe try resetting to default?

altist
Not Ranked
67 Posts
Gold Member
Thank you I will give that a try later as it might well explain the problems I have had.
altist
Not Ranked
67 Posts
Gold Member
altist replied on Wed, May 5 2021 11:53 AM
Guy ,

Sheer brilliance…as I went into the zone menu it came up as audio interestingly and so I reset to ALL and bingo it’s not operating the BM6500. Thank you for that information which might be if use your there as well at some point.
Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
2,319 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Wed, May 5 2021 12:31 PM

Great news - thanks for letting us know, and I am glad that it is all working as you wish Smile

Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL