rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Markus87
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Bronze Member
Markus87 posted on Tue, Apr 20 2021 6:22 PM

Dear all,

We finally placed the order for our new BeoLab 50s and are so much looking forward to receiving them in a couple of weeks!

There is just one thing where we could not find a solution for so far and am wondering if there is any...

We have no BeoVision TV but a 3rd Party LG OLED TV. Furthermore we will connect to the BeoLabs directly via USB and Toslink - so no Core involved.

In the descibed setup, is there ANY possibility to control the volume of the BeoLab 50s via an IR remote control? It's really only about the volume, no further controls desired.

Thank you so much for any considerations!

Cheer, Markus

All Replies

andybandy
Top 500 Contributor
163 Posts
Bronze Member

The dealer that sell this speaker to you, they dont have answear on this?

Because you can connect IR eye that we know from beolink (its another version) but same design, to beolab 50 and controll volume on the input. But not sure what happend if the input sound is to low or high from a digital input from your LG OLED TV, never get that testet because we normal us Core as a streamer. 

But your dealer should have the answer on this, or they can cheek up with struer. 

Markus87
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Andy,

Thanks a lot for your reply! I asked the dealer specifically about this scenario but his reply was that IR control is only possible via a BeoVision TV due to PUC or via a BS Core. Both does not apply in my setup. May I ask you to elaborate on your suggestion?

Thanks!

Cheers, Markus 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,599 Posts
Bronze Member

Markus87:

Hi Andy,

Thanks a lot for your reply! I asked the dealer specifically about this scenario but his reply was that IR control is only possible via a BeoVision TV due to PUC or via a BS Core. Both does not apply in my setup. May I ask you to elaborate on your suggestion?

Thanks!

Cheers, Markus 

Please have a look at the 

Appendix 8: Control of Beolab 50 using the BeoRemote 1

that you can find on page 58 here:

https://bang-olufsen.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042003591-Beolab-50

If my dealer had told me, that he obviously has told you (unless it was a misunderstanding), I would be a bit hesitant to get on with dealing with him.

You can - once the ir-eye is installed - also use the Essence Remote (set to ir) for volume control, if you don’t need the Beoremote.

(Although the Beoremote may be a bit more precise, when controlling the volume).

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Markus87
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Bronze Member
Markus87 replied on Tue, Apr 20 2021 11:12 PM

Thank you so much, MM!

I will re-confirm with him to confirm I did not misunderst him.

Would you by any chance have the part no of the correct ir eye just for me to make sure discussion is going into the right direction?

Thanks, Markus

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,599 Posts
Bronze Member

Should be same as this one

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL