rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Kinga
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member
Kinga posted on Sat, Feb 6 2021 11:10 PM

Hello everyone !

My BEO didn't work properly, so I decided to work on laser replacement and unfortunately I took this this unit apart a little bit to far :( 

While I was removing the deck to get to the sledge, steel tension cable which is attached to both sides of the sledge, snapped out of the wheels. 

Does anybody knows how the steel cable should be attached again in the right order ?

Perhaps someone has a picture of it ?

Thanks a lot :)

Darek

All Replies

Weebyx
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
1,208 Posts
Bronze Member

Kinga:

Hello everyone !

My BEO didn't work properly, so I decided to work on laser replacement and unfortunately I took this this unit apart a little bit to far :( 

While I was removing the deck to get to the sledge, steel tension cable which is attached to both sides of the sledge, snapped out of the wheels. 

Does anybody knows how the steel cable should be attached again in the right order ?

Perhaps someone has a picture of it ?

Thanks a lot :)

Darek

As you now learned, you have done way to much just to fix a broken laser. Maybe this can help.

https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/40139/300492.aspx

Kinga
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member
Kinga replied on Tue, Feb 9 2021 9:24 PM

Thank you so much for your help !!!

The drawings were much help and by using 4 hands we managed to wind that cable on the wheels :) without this, I was almost ready to use a sledge hammer to "repair" this God forgotten unit :)

Everything seems to work like before I took it apart but laser is still not doing his job. I ordered a new one from a guy in Miami so after I'll get the new one and replace it I will see if it's still working.

Thanks again !!!!

Darek

matador43
Top 75 Contributor
1,359 Posts
Bronze Member

If of any help or just to be sure, "bad laser" is usually "bad laser eye". So you just need to access the laser mech from above, which is done by removing the glass and the clamper only. Then you should see two black plastic covers hold by a couple of screws and… here you are.

Hope this help.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL