rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Wreckerray58
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member
Wreckerray58 posted on Fri, Jan 15 2021 8:04 PM

hello all

i am new to the site today as i have only just found this..

please can anyone help?

my wife has been trying to connect a new 4x freesat box via a hmdi converter to scart to our Beovision 7 television. (after using a humax foxsat for the past several years but which stopped working).  so she played around with the menu on DTV and got something on a list genfen/fengen?????  now we don't know whats shes done but we cant even get the menu up on the tv all we have is a dark blank screen.  any ideas please we keep the television because the picture and sound is clear

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,931 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Wreckerray58

Does that mean, that whatever button you push on the remote, you get nothing, nothing but a ‘dark blank screen’???

Did you try Menu, Menu (the Menu button twice)?

How does the display on the side react?

I assume, that you already tried with the bx/converter unplugged - by the way, is the converter connected to the mains?
If nothing helps, at least try to take the tv and the rest off the mains for a couple of minutes.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

All Replies

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,931 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Wreckerray58

Does that mean, that whatever button you push on the remote, you get nothing, nothing but a ‘dark blank screen’???

Did you try Menu, Menu (the Menu button twice)?

How does the display on the side react?

I assume, that you already tried with the bx/converter unplugged - by the way, is the converter connected to the mains?
If nothing helps, at least try to take the tv and the rest off the mains for a couple of minutes.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Wreckerray58
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member

Thank you for trying to help. There's nothing connected to the tv now  but I did put the original freesat box back on. But can't get anything on the DTV button just a dark screen it won't bring up the menu.     The TV button does bring up the tuning menu.    DVD works  apart from the discs judder which I believe it needs a clean but how I don't know. It's done it for a while now 

Is there a reset on the tv I can't find anything in the b and o  manual

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
2,869 Posts
Founder
stefan replied on Sat, Jan 16 2021 10:41 AM

I guess, you have a BV7-40 MKII? Red display?

Maybe you have selected "Gefen" (?) it`s an HDMI expander for BV7-40 to get four HDMI conections to DVI input.

I`d try to get to the connections menu via DVD source (this works...?)

press DVD - MENU - MENU - Options - Connections - deselect Gefen expander.

I`m not sure about the sequence (it`s quite some time since I had BV7-40 MKII..., but it might help, if you tell us what you`ve done and what happens.

Goog Luck

Stefan

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL