LG Compatibility

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 46 Replies | 0 Followers

graham60
Not Ranked
66 Posts
Bronze Member
graham60 posted on Wed, Jan 13 2021 8:58 PM

I have a Beo4 50" Plasma with Beolab 7.2 and Beo3 +DVBT Module  and use the Beo5 remote, I also have a Humax Freesat and a DVD2 + 8000 & 6000 Speakers 

I am "thinking" of upgrading the TV but how is it possible with the limited options on offer from B&O, firstly  I am limited to size 55-60" would be a max as the TV sits in a recess and is mounted on a BV4 50 remote wall bracket,

My second problem is price ! like what is an LG/B&O really worth compared to getting an LG ?

So what I am asking is what would be the best Screen and Sound Bar upgrade to go with, fit in with and be compatible with my system

All Replies

graham60
Not Ranked
66 Posts
Bronze Member
graham60 replied on Tue, Jan 19 2021 12:32 PM

That's the part I didn't understand, I wondered what replaced the Beosystem 3, so is the Beo 4 located in the lower screen extension ?, I assume the Speaker "Bar" is just to house the speakers.

Now one really big problem we have with our current set up is the sound, even with the 8000 & 6000 speakers set at low volume when watching even certain TV programs we have to constantly turn the volume up and down, turn it up to hear Vocals and down when the Sound Track comes in, the sound doesn't bother me that much but it drives my wife mad and there's no way to control the vocals without the backing track blasting out, Don't know how the eclipse performs in this department ??

graham60
Not Ranked
66 Posts
Bronze Member

I'm now getting lost because the Eclipse is now called "second generation", I've seen a "first generation" for sale £6k but B&O don't tell what the difference is, just the same as their information on the product is very sparse.

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,729 Posts
Bronze Member

graham60:

That's the part I didn't understand, I wondered what replaced the Beosystem 3, so is the Beo 4 located in the lower screen extension ?, I assume the Speaker "Bar" is just to house the speakers.

Now one really big problem we have with our current set up is the sound, even with the 8000 & 6000 speakers set at low volume when watching even certain TV programs we have to constantly turn the volume up and down, turn it up to hear Vocals and down when the Sound Track comes in, the sound doesn't bother me that much but it drives my wife mad and there's no way to control the vocals without the backing track blasting out, Don't know how the eclipse performs in this department ??

The TV is a bog standard LG so all picture processing is from LG. The b&o speaker bit can down/up mix the audio to your preferred speaker setup - therefore audio only, distinguishing it from either the bs3 or 4.

The volume issue you speak of is a dynamic range thing, most TV's will have a "night listening" mode, or similar, which compresses the audio to limit the difference in volume between the loudest and quietest bits to save you from riding the volume control.

Ban boring signatures!

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,729 Posts
Bronze Member

graham60:

I'm now getting lost because the Eclipse is now called "second generation", I've seen a "first generation" for sale £6k but B&O don't tell what the difference is, just the same as their information on the product is very sparse.

Whereas there were a few custom bits to make the panel fit to the speaker/stand in the mk1, the mk2 is truly a separate LG GX TV which slots onto a b&o made stand/speaker.

Ban boring signatures!

graham60
Not Ranked
66 Posts
Bronze Member

I'd love to know what justifies the £8000 price tag (without w'bracket) And a way round it ?????? 

Speaper cover Aluminium                          £900

Highest priced LG OLED 55" screen         £1600  Retail to Joe public

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,940 Posts
Founder

I think examples are given here.
If you're capable of visiting a dealer, look at both and just ask.
Or you could try buying a GX version and use it for some time and see what you're missing after some time. Maybe a dealer will sell you the soundcenter, mounting plate etc afterwards.

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
759 Posts
Bronze Member

graham60:

I'd love to know what justifies the £8000 price tag (without w'bracket) And a way round it ?????? 

Speaper cover Aluminium                          £900

Highest priced LG OLED 55" screen         £1600  Retail to Joe public

Did you see my post?

I don't think that it is so hard to see.

You get options and much nicer controls and setup with a Eclipse than any other brand.

Off cause this is not cheap when only one brand does it.

I bet you will not find any solution as nice as the Eclipse.

And please read my post again instead of asking the same question.

Beovision Harmony 77" 2nd Gen, Beolab 5, Beolab 17, Beosound 1, Beoplay M3, Beoplay Portal, Beoplay Earset, Beoliving Intelligence 

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
759 Posts
Bronze Member

Puncher:

The TV is a bog standard LG so all picture processing is from LG. The b&o speaker bit can down/up mix the audio to your preferred speaker setup - therefore audio only, distinguishing it from either the bs3 or 4.

The audio engine is the important and expensive bit in a Beosystem 4, else is a tuner and a average HDMI switch.

Also you have the PUC control and everything.

You get a much better TV with a Eclipse than you did with a BV12/11/Avant

Beovision Harmony 77" 2nd Gen, Beolab 5, Beolab 17, Beosound 1, Beoplay M3, Beoplay Portal, Beoplay Earset, Beoliving Intelligence 

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,729 Posts
Bronze Member

Emil Jensen:

Puncher:

The audio engine is the important and expensive bit in a Beosystem 4, else is a tuner and a average HDMI switch.

Wrong! It was the video processing in the bs3 & bs4 that made a TV into a beovision, otherwise its just a sound centre. The picture of the eclipse may be better than at least some of the models you mention but that is because panel technology has moved on since they were current. The picture of the eclipse could be better, as ably demonstrated by Sony, Panasonic and Philips etc. but B&o have decided not to (or can't afford to) strive for the best picture any more.

The audio engine was not the reason d'etre of a Beosystem.

Ban boring signatures!

Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
2,153 Posts
Bronze Member
What could they possibly improve PQ wise that would be worth the investment?

Eclipse is totally worth it imho

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 28's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay Portal, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Mikipedi4 on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/mikipedi4

Mikipedia on Intagram: https://www.instagram.com/mikipedi4/

Old: Beosound 9000 mk3, Beolab 3's, Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,729 Posts
Bronze Member

Mikipidia:
What could they possibly improve PQ wise that would be worth the investment?

Eclipse is totally worth it imho

And thats fine, I'm just picking up a point about what a bs3/4 was and wasn't.

Ban boring signatures!

graham60
Not Ranked
66 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Emil

I think you have answered my question !

Am I correct in saying that the Eclipse (Mk2) is just an LG OLED GX series TV with the 3rd gen. Alpha 9 Processor etc. (all LG & nothing to do with B&O)

And that B&O have added "their" Speaker system /Sound Bar, Their Beo 1 remote control, Their fixings and their Wall Bracket (£800 or £1400 motorise

B&O Eclipse with Aluminium Speaker front (£950) and Motorised Wall Bracket (£1400) £9500

LG OLED 55" GX TV £1600

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,601 Posts
Bronze Member

Go nitpicking or go nuts....

What is important here is, that the BV Eclipse/the BV Harmony has the audio part and more, that was built-in to the BeoSystem 4.

Of course there is no need to dwell on the fact, that there is no video processing there anymore.....why should there, the LG is there for that job.

If you want a closer look at these ‘audio functions’, this is a good point to start:

https://www.tonmeister.ca/wordpress/2017/09/15/bo-tech-its-not-just-a-soundbar/

MM 

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
759 Posts
Bronze Member

Puncher:

Emil Jensen:

Puncher:

Wrong! It was the video processing in the bs3 & bs4 that made a TV into a beovision, otherwise its just a sound centre. The picture of the eclipse may be better than at least some of the models you mention but that is because panel technology has moved on since they were current. The picture of the eclipse could be better, as ably demonstrated by Sony, Panasonic and Philips etc. but B&o have decided not to (or can't afford to) strive for the best picture any more.

The audio engine was not the reason d'etre of a Beosystem.

Hallo Puncher,

I cannot seem to find any info on the video processing in the Beosystem 4, as you seem sure can you find some info on this?

The BV12 was just a Panasonic monitor I am pretty sure that the video processing was done there, and the Beosystem 4 was merely a HDMI switch. Also as you could use the Beosystem for other stuff.

andybandy
Top 500 Contributor
163 Posts
Bronze Member

Graham60: if you put a list off what you get into the soundcenter of the Eclipse, you would see its worth it. As other tell you her in the soundcenter you get 6 speaker unit with 450 watt power amplifier. 

You also get a top surround decoder, puc control (control of 3.parts product with beoremtoe one) , streamer with airplay 2, chromecast audio, tunein and deezer built in. on the 2.gen you will get the information of radio station on the top off the screen and music from chromecast what you play. 

You also get the motor control for motorized floor stand and wall bracket for does want to us the motorized stand. So if you again take all this parts and try to buy it seperately in a high quility, my guess is that you will see the price would get close to this £7000. and then you would have many remote controles on the table, and alot off cables and box. Not the same as an beoremote one in your hand. 

And seems the 2gen is new designet, and my guess is it will fit the newer LG screen coming later this year also.. =) So you could upgrade your 2020 screen later on. But off course its up to what LG would do in the future. 

So go and buy the eclipse TV and you would never regret off that buy :)

And remember we need to support B&O if not we will not have this wonderful B&O product left, and then we can sit her and look in the computer screen and complain why they dont make it :)
Yes, because we complain of higher price and not buy it.

I Know you will love your new BeoVision Eclipse 55 2gen:)

Page 2 of 4 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL