rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 5 Replies | 0 Followers

AndersPersson
Not Ranked
22 Posts
Bronze Member
AndersPersson posted on Wed, Jan 13 2021 6:49 PM

Hi all,

I have done some research regarding this topic here and on Google but not really found any useful info regarding how well the h9 3 gen headset works in conference calls, if at all...

To my understanding, there is no mute on h9 so that has to be done in the Skype, Teams, whatever app.

Anyone with experiences to share?

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

AndersPersson
Not Ranked
22 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by AndersPersson

I should not be posting after drinking bubbly, I keep forgetting mentioning vital information.

So here is the last(?) piece of the puzzle: the computer used for the conference calls has the internal Bluetooth turned off. Furthermore, not allowed to connect from outside devices if even possible. Standard nowadays in most corporations I would say, at least within financial markets.
This limitation was also my main concern.

So based on the answers above I did some more investigations and went ahead and bought the headset and also the Epos Sennheisser BTD 800 ML Bluetooth adapter, a dongle that fits in a USB port. This is the officially recommended adapter according B&O support.

Works like a charm. The adapter takes care of the Bluetooth connection despite the PC's internal connection is turned off.

My assumption is that any adapter marked as compatible with Skype for Business and/or Microsoft Teams would work. But no guarantees...

All Replies

Yendys
Top 500 Contributor
Sydney
308 Posts
Bronze Member
Yendys replied on Wed, Jan 13 2021 8:41 PM
Hi, I have H9 second gen and use them for conference calls without issues, I use conference apps mute and prefer this as you and others on the call can see your on mute.

They are very comfortable and long battery life which is handy if you are in calls most of the day

Hope this helps
AndersPersson
Not Ranked
22 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks for the reply.

I now see that I forgot to mention that I plan to use the headset connected to a PC for conference calls, not a phone. Does your response relate to a PC or phone used for conference calls?

vlohjr1
Top 150 Contributor
477 Posts
Bronze Member
vlohjr1 replied on Wed, Jan 13 2021 11:26 PM
Yendys:

Hi, I have H9 second gen and use them for conference calls without issues, I use conference apps mute and prefer this as you and others on the call can see your on mute.

They are very comfortable and long battery life which is handy if you are in calls most of the day

Hope this helps

Thanks for this any issues with speech voice related to the microphone? Thanks

mbee
Top 75 Contributor
Paris, France
1,771 Posts
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Thu, Jan 14 2021 7:49 AM

No major issue here with a H9i (the previous version) with Windows and all the conference apps, so it should be even better with H9 3rd gen, as its mic is better. The only thing is that sometimes some people laugh about the big size of my headset ;-)

AndersPersson
Not Ranked
22 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by AndersPersson

I should not be posting after drinking bubbly, I keep forgetting mentioning vital information.

So here is the last(?) piece of the puzzle: the computer used for the conference calls has the internal Bluetooth turned off. Furthermore, not allowed to connect from outside devices if even possible. Standard nowadays in most corporations I would say, at least within financial markets.
This limitation was also my main concern.

So based on the answers above I did some more investigations and went ahead and bought the headset and also the Epos Sennheisser BTD 800 ML Bluetooth adapter, a dongle that fits in a USB port. This is the officially recommended adapter according B&O support.

Works like a charm. The adapter takes care of the Bluetooth connection despite the PC's internal connection is turned off.

My assumption is that any adapter marked as compatible with Skype for Business and/or Microsoft Teams would work. But no guarantees...

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL