rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 19 Replies | 1 Follower

L1NO
Top 500 Contributor
250 Posts
Bronze Member
L1NO posted on Mon, Dec 14 2020 8:45 AM

Hello,

Whilst working out the delays in NL it's working as expected, for a while. 
The M3 stays fine for a ±day or two, i'm able to join a source without problems (V1 / BS35)

After this period the M3 does not join using the remote or button, using the app works but the sound is droopy — a pitch lower and sounds 'slow'. Disconnecting the power and trying again the M3 is 'fine' again.

NL delays are ±500ms, connected to 5Ghz network and excellent connection.

Any idea's?

All Replies

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,785 Posts
Gold Member
Not sure if you have the latest software on your M3, but I have the same symptoms since the last software update.

- M3 frequently becomes out of sync in a Beolink multiroom group.

- M3 suddenly stops playing music and cannot start any source

- M3 can no longer be controlled by the B&O App

Off/on clears the issues up to next occurrence

I have already opened a case with B&O for the second point, provided them with the logs and I had a look myself at the logs where a module crash is obvious.

I encourage you to open a case so they get the focus on the issues as the number of cases increases.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

L1NO
Top 500 Contributor
250 Posts
Bronze Member
L1NO replied on Mon, Dec 14 2020 9:17 AM

Well, i’m on the latest software and the problem sounds the same, i’ll contact B&O and refer to this topic.

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,785 Posts
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Mon, Dec 14 2020 10:00 AM
FYI:

I raised case #304291 for M3 suddenly stopping playing any source, becoming uncontrollable with the B&O App

I also raised case #299189 for M3 stopping playing between tracks when part of a multiroom group where the lead is a BS Moment and particularly when the source is Deezer. It happened too with a Core being the multiroom lead but I could not reproduced it where it is easily reproductible with the BS Moment.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,642 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Mon, Dec 14 2020 7:06 PM
L1NO:

After this period the M3 does not join using the remote or button, using the app works but the sound is droopy — a pitch lower and sounds 'slow'. Disconnecting the power and trying again the M3 is 'fine' again.

Experience the same thing!

A pitch lower sound and voices when joining another source. If I flip to another source and back again, it sound okay again.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,642 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Fri, Dec 25 2020 10:17 AM

Hiort:
L1NO:

Experience the same thing!

A pitch lower sound and voices when joining another source. If I flip to another source and back again, it sound okay again.

Now registred as Ticket 319571

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,642 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Fri, Dec 25 2020 10:19 AM

L1NO:

Hello,

Whilst working out the delays in NL it's working as expected, for a while. 
The M3 stays fine for a ±day or two, i'm able to join a source without problems (V1 / BS35)

NL delays are ±500ms, connected to 5Ghz network and excellent connection.

Any idea's?

Please report to B&O Support 

https://support.bang-olufsen.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,785 Posts
Gold Member

For those having the issue with the M3, are you using WiFi Mesh networks or WiFi hostpost with the same name (same SSID)?

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,642 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Thu, Jan 14 2021 9:27 PM
mbolo01:

For those having the issue with the M3, are you using WiFi Mesh networks or WiFi hostpost with the same name (same SSID)?

Wi-Fi hotspots (2) with same SSID.

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,785 Posts
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Thu, Jan 14 2021 10:00 PM
Hiort:

Wi-Fi hotspots (2) with same SSID

Great, thanks. This could be the issue.

B&O answered to my M3 case + logs. They pretend my WiFi hotspot is not providing enough bandwidth to my M3 for Deezer listening and that there were some « frequency interferences », suggesting i rename my hotspot .....

Where the analysis’ conclusion makes no sense to me (I’m a network engineer), the recommended solution (ssid rename) rang a bell to me and reminded me about a similar issue the Moment had with mesh networks.

As I also have two hotspots sharing the same SSID, and I need that setup, I activated another hotspot, nearby the one used by the M3 previously, name it with a different unique SSID and configured the M3 to use it.

My systematic M3 issues (murltiroom drops) have stopped (only one in many hours of listening scenario previously causing drops).

I’ll do more test and I’ll feedback B&O. If the ssid rename really solves the issue, this will confirm that since the latest software update, the M3 has trouble with shared ssid ,

maybe mesh networks too, which was not the case previously as I have this setup since acquired the M3, more than 2y ago.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,642 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Fri, Jan 15 2021 10:16 AM

mbolo01:

Great, thanks. This could be the issue.

B&O answered to my M3 case + logs. They pretend my WiFi hotspot is not providing enough bandwidth to my M3 for Deezer listening and that there were some « frequency interferences », suggesting i rename my hotspot .....

Where the analysis’ conclusion makes no sense to me (I’m a network engineer), the recommended solution (ssid rename) rang a bell to me and reminded me about a similar issue the Moment had with mesh networks.

As I also have two hotspots sharing the same SSID, and I need that setup, I activated another hotspot, nearby the one used by the M3 previously, name it with a different unique SSID and configured the M3 to use it.

My systematic M3 issues (murltiroom drops) have stopped (only one in many hours of listening scenario previously causing drops).

I’ll do more test and I’ll feedback B&O. If the ssid rename really solves the issue, this will confirm that since the latest software update, the M3 has trouble with shared ssid ,

maybe mesh networks too, which was not the case previously as I have this setup since acquired the M3, more than 2y ago.

So you think that would be the cause for the "drooping audio" as well?

And regarding having different SSIDs on the acces points and assign devices to those, do the devices still understand they are on the same network?

Im not very skilled on networks I shall add Big Smile

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,785 Posts
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Fri, Jan 15 2021 12:15 PM
Hiort:

So you think that would be the cause for the "drooping audio" as well?

It could be.

If you have the opportunity to test it by shutting down the less used of your hostspots for the duration of the tests, or you can configure a different SSID on each hostspot, devices connected to them will still be on the same network as before, no issue here.

Having the same SSID name is generally useful for hotspots that have the capability to direct the mobile clients to the best hostspot, or, to make your life simpler by configuring only one SSID hoping that your mobile device will select the best one. If you have different SSID names, the mobile device may also choose the best one.

I suggest you give a try with the solution that fits the best with your environment.

That said, something changed in the M3 WiFi management that is now impacted by configurations like ours.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,642 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Fri, Jan 15 2021 2:04 PM

mbolo01:

It could be.

If you have the opportunity to test it by shutting down the less used of your hostspots for the duration of the tests, or you can configure a different SSID on each hostspot, devices connected to them will still be on the same network as before, no issue here.

Having the same SSID name is generally useful for hotspots that have the capability to direct the mobile clients to the best hostspot, or, to make your life simpler by configuring only one SSID hoping that your mobile device will select the best one. If you have different SSID names, the mobile device may also choose the best one.

I suggest you give a try with the solution that fits the best with your environment.

That said, something changed in the M3 WiFi management that is now impacted by configurations like ours.

Okay, I will try and report back.

I actually noted the "drooping audio" when my M5 joined my Beosound 1 play just now ,,,, I had do jump to another source and then back again to get it to sound normal again.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,642 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Fri, Jan 15 2021 2:26 PM

Hiort:

Okay, I will try and report back.

I actually noted the "drooping audio" when my M5 joined my Beosound 1 play just now ,,,, I had do jump to another source and then back again to get it to sound normal again.

Aahrgh.... Big Smile

Got a bit to complicated to do this on my UNIFI AP:s....   Will see if I can manage with one AP and see what happens.

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,785 Posts
Gold Member
Hiort:

Got a bit to complicated to do this on my UNIFI AP:s....

And you said you are not skilled in networks! Ubiquiti equipments are almost pro equipments!

Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL