Replacement

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 8 Replies | 1 Follower

RynoRyan
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member
RynoRyan posted on Wed, Dec 9 2020 11:45 PM

Hi, brand new here but following beoworld quite a while.

I need advise on logical replacement models on my equipment that got lightning damaged a few days ago. Sources in South Africa are quite limited and dealers have not even heard about some of my stuff... In brackets are what I think it could be but need confirmation.

BEOLAB Penta 2 (Beolab 50/90)

Belab 8000 (Beolab 18)

Beolab 2 (Beolab 19)

Beloab 7.1 (Beosound stage)

Beolab 4000 (Beolab 17)

Is there maybe anothee manufacturer which is on the same level as B&O as my

Beosound 9000 & Beogram 5000 also got damaged.

My Insurance replaces "new for old" so I need a faur as possible new replacemwnt value or product

Will the beogram 4000 c become available outside Europe and South Africa?

A lot of questions for a first timer. Hope someone can help and give some direction.

Ryno

All Replies

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,575 Posts
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Thu, Dec 10 2020 12:34 AM
RynoRyan:

Hi, brand new here but following beoworld quite a while.

I need advise on logical replacement models on my equipment that got lightning damaged a few days ago. Sources in South Africa are quite limited and dealers have not even heard about some of my stuff... In brackets are what I think it could be but need confirmation.

BEOLAB Penta 2 (Beolab 50/90)

Belab 8000 (Beolab 18)

Beolab 2 (Beolab 19)

Beloab 7.1 (Beosound stage)

Beolab 4000 (Beolab 17)

Is there maybe anothee manufacturer which is on the same level as B&O as my

Beosound 9000 & Beogram 5000 also got damaged.

My Insurance replaces "new for old" so I need a faur as possible new replacemwnt value or product

Will the beogram 4000 c become available outside Europe and South Africa?

A lot of questions for a first timer. Hope someone can help and give some direction.

Ryno

If your insurance give you Beolab 50 and a BeoGram 4000c as replacement for those old devices I’m moving to South Africa ASAP :).

Otherwise yea sounds superb. But the price levels are on different worlds.

Beolab 50, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9 3rd Gen, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Eclipse Gen 2 55", BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

BenSA
Top 75 Contributor
Durban, South Africa
1,398 Posts
Bronze Member
BenSA replied on Thu, Dec 10 2020 6:27 AM

Nice to see a fellow South African! Where about are you situated in SA? 

RynoRyan
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi

I'm from Pretoria and you? Quite a mission to get parts for stuff

BenSA
Top 75 Contributor
Durban, South Africa
1,398 Posts
Bronze Member
BenSA replied on Thu, Dec 10 2020 7:23 AM

I am in Durban which is 50 times more difficult to get anything as there are no B&O shops. 

I have a couple of contacts at B&O headoffice which helps a bit. BT Games have the B&O agency in South Africa. 

Sorry to hear about all the damage you sustained. Does the insurance collect the damaged B&O or are you allowed to part with as you see fit? 

BenSA
Top 75 Contributor
Durban, South Africa
1,398 Posts
Bronze Member
BenSA replied on Thu, Dec 10 2020 7:23 AM

I am in Durban which is 50 times more difficult to get anything as there are no B&O shops. 

I have a couple of contacts at B&O headoffice which helps a bit. BT Games have the B&O agency in South Africa. 

Sorry to hear about all the damage you sustained. Does the insurance collect the damaged B&O or are you allowed to part with as you see fit? 

RynoRyan
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member

I'm waiting for the asessor to visit. I need to get those replacement models to further the claim. I think they will let me dispose myself if they feel the weight and see size... Luckly I've got doubles of most. Send me your contact email, we can communicate directly.

BenSA
Top 75 Contributor
Durban, South Africa
1,398 Posts
Bronze Member
BenSA replied on Thu, Dec 10 2020 7:49 AM

I have sent you a direct message via the forum, should come through on your e-mail. 

Thanks

The Beonic Man
Top 150 Contributor
Bristol
796 Posts
Gold Member

No insurance company wherever they are in the world would ever offer a BL50 as a replacement for Penta speakers regardless of a new for old clause. Insurance is based on many factors including the initial purchase price relative to the time of replacement and there is far too much of a price differential between these two speakers. You might get offered a pair of BL20s if you’re lucky as they would be the more logical replacement if anything. Keep us posted.

BV11-46, BV8-32, V1-32, BS2, P6, A1, H95, E8, BR1, Beo4, Essence

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL