rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Eske1188
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member
Eske1188 posted on Tue, Dec 8 2020 7:10 AM

Dear all, 

Hope all are safe and well during these covid days.

I have question I was hoping someone would kindly be able to offer a reason/solution to.

I have a beosound 3200, my wife bought it for me new from the b&o in London. We also have the 2 large silver speakers (can't remember he name but I can't show pictures if necessary). The beosound 3200 recently one morning would not turn on. I checked and there was no red light either. 

I changed the fuse in the (uk3 prong) plug and still nothing. So I decided to swap the power cables from the speakers around and still nothing. The speakers are on and work with the cables fine. The beosound itself still has no life.

Is there anything I can do to solve this. 

Any one have an advice they would care to share with me. I would be so grateful. This system isn't just about music for me. My wife bought it for me maybe more then 15 years ago. It's one of the few things I have to remember her by. In the sense that this was part of our life for the last 1/3 of our time together. She passed 2 years ago now. I really do not want to just throw it away. Or become that old stereo like you see nowadays. Technology seems to move so fast, but this system I will always treasure. 

Please do let me know if you have any thoughts.

Kindest regards,

Santha

All Replies

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
2,581 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Tue, Dec 8 2020 8:59 AM

Good morning and welcome to Beoworld!

It sounds like it would be worth getting an experienced repairer to have a look at it.  If still in the London area, you could try AVA Services in Crawley - they have had positive feedback here in the past.

https://www.avaservices.co.uk/

Fuus11
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Santha,

Does the glass door open and close?

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
4,300 Posts
Bronze Member
Did you check to see if the power cord has come loose from the 3200 itself? If it is like my US version 3000 the power cord can be removed from it and might have come loose.

Beolab 28s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

Eske1188
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member

Dear Guy, 

We retired in Goa, India a couple of years ago, so no chance of getting a technician nearby.

Thanks for the reponse.

Eske1188
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member

Dear Fuus, 

there is no power at all, not even the red light that is usually there.

Thanks for the response

Eske1188
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi again, 

I checked the cord and it was plugged in. I was using it the day before in the evening as normal. Then the next day in the afternoon i was going to turn it on, and nothing from the remote. 

I then wen to turn it on manually and the doors wouldnt open. There was no light. 

I changed the power cord with both the speakers to see and nothing. The speakers and the red light on to indicate they have power. 

I changed fuses, i have changed the wall plugs too. 

Thanks again

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL