Beo4 with Beosound Stage?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Ray1998
Not Ranked
7 Posts
Bronze Member
Ray1998 posted on Sun, Nov 22 2020 7:43 AM

Hello experts!  I am setting up LG CX 65 with Beosound Stage and I am wondering if I can use my old Beo4 to control this setup.  I have BS9000 and Masterlink setup in three rooms + airport express, however, the LG and BS Stage will be stand alone with the connection to the rest of the system.

I am trying to see if need to shell our a few hundred for remote one or I can get away with Beo4.

Thank you advance!

Cheers,

Ray

All Replies

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,545 Posts
Bronze Member

The short answer is: no!

The Stage/LG combo needs the bluetooth version of the BeoRemoteOne.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

OldJack
Top 200 Contributor
Split
338 Posts
Gold Member

With Beo4,you can add LinTronic to control anything.

http://www.lintronic.dk/Products.aspx

Beogram 6500 MMC2,Beosound Ouverture,2xBeolab 8000,2xBelolab 4000,Beolab 2,Beolab 7.2,Beo4 navi, 2xBeocom2,Serene,Beosystem 3 mk3,H6 2nd gen,Earphones E8,A8,A9 keyring,Beoplay A1,Bottle opener,Beoplay A2 active(thanks Botty)Wine Set(thanks Botty),4Ktv Samsung 55'',Beolab 7.1 with 42''Panasonic plasma,,Oppo udp-203, LinTronic.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,545 Posts
Bronze Member

Since Ray ibviously wants to avoid further expences....

Apart from the plugnplay of a BeoRemoteOne, I wonder if a Lintronic solution would be cheaper would be cheaper.

MM

Ray1998
Not Ranked
7 Posts
Bronze Member

Thank you both for your quick reply.  Are there any cool features that BeoRemoteOne will enable with the Stage+LG setup that I should consider?

Thank you!

OldJack
Top 200 Contributor
Split
338 Posts
Gold Member

MM,you are right.For LG+Stage only,BeoRemoteOne would be cheaper,simple solution.

But,if you have ,like me,B&O combined with non B&O equipments,LinTronic's,once invested (and fully understood potentials) can be programmed to give pleasant ,bulletproof control of everything with Beo4(including no-name Chinese ceiling light).Over 5 years happy user.

Beogram 6500 MMC2,Beosound Ouverture,2xBeolab 8000,2xBelolab 4000,Beolab 2,Beolab 7.2,Beo4 navi, 2xBeocom2,Serene,Beosystem 3 mk3,H6 2nd gen,Earphones E8,A8,A9 keyring,Beoplay A1,Bottle opener,Beoplay A2 active(thanks Botty)Wine Set(thanks Botty),4Ktv Samsung 55'',Beolab 7.1 with 42''Panasonic plasma,,Oppo udp-203, LinTronic.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,545 Posts
Bronze Member

Ray1998:

Thank you both for your quick reply.  Are there any cool features that BeoRemoteOne will enable with the Stage+LG setup that I should consider?

Thank you!

I am not sure what you mean by ‘cool features’?

These 3 videos however, might give you an overview of the possibilities of the LG/Stage combo controlled by the BeoRemote One.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRPmJ785xnMjwgYApW0Dq5twnTN0wPBXR

Part 8, 9, 10.

MM

Ray1998
Not Ranked
7 Posts
Bronze Member

Thank you for the videos - very helpful.  I think I will pickup a Remote One as I don't have any other type of equipment.  The interface looks very nice and I can also control the older B&O equipment (less remotes the better ;-))

Thank you guys!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL