Beogram label Symbols

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Beosince98
Top 500 Contributor
230 Posts
Silver Member
Beosince98 posted on Sun, Nov 22 2020 12:54 AM

I am currently in the process of refurbishing my Beogram and I am thinking about getting it repainted as the paint has startet to chip and I don’t think the original paint job is of a good quality to be honest. The only problem I am facing is recreating the label at the back of the Beogram. Does anyone know what the various symbols in the bottom row of the label indicate. From my research I have found that there are always 6 symbols: Square in a square, D, N, S in a circle, S+ in a circle, and BZ19. Does anyone have the vector graphics for the Beogram 4000 label (or any other Beogram)?

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

All Replies

matador43
Top 100 Contributor
1,061 Posts
Bronze Member

Beosince98:
Does anyone have the vector graphics for the Beogram 4000 label

Hi Beosince98,

Not sure if you ask for help in that field, but I can generate the vector graphic for the sticker, as close as the original one I can do.
I will only need the size of the original since I unfortunately dont own a 4000!

I should use that picture as basis right?

Let me know…

Beosince98
Top 500 Contributor
230 Posts
Silver Member

matador43:

Beosince98:
Does anyone have the vector graphics for the Beogram 4000 label

Hi Beosince98,

Not sure if you ask for help in that field, but I can generate the vector graphic for the sticker, as close as the original one I can do.
I will only need the size of the original since I unfortunately dont own a 4000!

I should use that picture as basis right?

Let me know…

Hi matador43,

I actually thought about contacting you as I absolutely love your work in the "A different kind of restoration!" post! I would actually like to purchase some new manuals for the Beogram 4000, if you have them available. I can definitely get you the size, and also some detailed photographs/scans of the original label. Please contact me at beocovers@gmail.com so we can discuss further details.

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
12,193 Posts
Founder
Dillen replied on Tue, Nov 24 2020 2:28 PM

The D in a circle is the Demko mark.
It's a mark telling that the item has been tested and approved by Demko to be electrically safe to use on mains power in Denmark.
The similar S and N marks are for Norway and Sweden.

Martin

matador43
Top 100 Contributor
1,061 Posts
Bronze Member

Email sent.

Thank you for the kind words.

Beosince98
Top 500 Contributor
230 Posts
Silver Member
Dillen:

The D in a circle is the Demko mark. It's a mark telling that the item has been tested and approved by Demko to be electrically safe to use on mains power in Denmark. The similar S and N marks are for Norway and Sweden.

Martin

Thank you for this insight, Dillen. I already suspected that the symbols are test marks, similar to the CE you can find on nearly every product today.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL