rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Sebastian
Not Ranked
N.
3 Posts
Bronze Member

Dear all,

I've been looking through all kinds of threads regarding the Beomaster 8000. I was not able to get my problem solved, that's why I'm now taking this step in creating an own thread on my problem.

I recently bought a Beomaster 8000 and it worked fine for a while. After some weeks, it started to behave in a strange manner. When turning it on, it sometimes showed strange numbers in the display and I was not able to get it running. After taking it from the power it then seemed to work again. Some days later it only showed that strange display behavior or I was not able to get it out of standby (red light).

I then took a look at the fuses, opened it up to get an impression if anything is broken, but could not really see any faults. Only one board (display unit) has small crack (upper right, see attached photos).

Is there any chance to get it back to work? I really love that old system and would like to keep it running...

Help would be so much appreciated!

Best,

Sebastian

All Replies

Sebastian
Not Ranked
N.
3 Posts
Bronze Member

here's the crack that I mentioned:

Sebastian
Not Ranked
N.
3 Posts
Bronze Member

No suggestions? Anyone?

Best,

Sebastian

sonavor
Top 25 Contributor
Texas, United States
3,635 Posts
Gold Member

Yes, search for a post earlier this year where one of the Beoworld members produced a new printed version of the Beomaster 8000 display board. He sells the replacement PCB on Ebay.

Another option it to repair the cracked board with some epoxy then jumper the broken traces.

-sonavor

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL