Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

BeoVision Contour

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 314 Replies | 2 Followers

Tayne
Not Ranked
38 Posts
Bronze Member
Tayne posted on Fri, Oct 30 2020 7:21 PM

Have I missed something, or has this new TV already been discussed somewhere?

All Replies

seethroughyou
Top 100 Contributor
UK
923 Posts
Bronze Member
laseralex:

I quite like the appearance, but I honestly prefer the look of the Horizon. (I really LOVE the way the Horizon looks!)

But I just can't fathom spending $7150 USD (6042 EUR) for it when I can buy the exact same TV for $1500 and the same soundbar for $1750. That means B&O are charging $3900 USD (3300 EUR) for the stand and the frame which holds them together. That's just silly.

Sources: 2x Beosound Moment • 4x Beosound Essence Mk II Speakers: 3x Beolab 8000 • 1x Beolab 6000 • 1x Beolab 3 • 3x Beolab 2 • 4x BeoPlay M5 • 1x BeoPlay A6 Control: 9x Essence Remote • 1x Beoremote Halo

I’m interested in a new Beovision but as you say the value for money for me is not there. This is a recurring theme in recent years aside from the Android failures.

People are happy to pay a bit more for a B&O TV for the form factor, one remote, sound and ability to link to a surround system but this gap is too much. I have a reasonable middle class professional salary, and even I can’t justify a B&O TV. I’d like to know who buys B&O TVs these days apart people on this forum that are fans...

Present: BL90, Beosound Moment, Beosound Core, BL6000, Beogram CD7000, Beogram 7000, BS Essence Remote.

Past: BL1, BL2, BL8000, BS9000, BL5, Beocenter 2, Beosound 5, BV5, BV4-50, BV4-65, Beosystem 3, BL3, DVD1, Beoremote 4.

matador43
Top 75 Contributor
1,341 Posts
Bronze Member

Daniel:

Here it is on display already. 

https://ibb.co/L9g8MW5

Needs to be seen in real, but on the picture it looks like a fake, DIY Beovision. Lacks the delicacy of other Beovisions (from 1 to 14, Horizon, Eclipse and skipping the 3).

matador43
Top 75 Contributor
1,341 Posts
Bronze Member

laseralex:
I really LOVE the way the Horizon looks!

Same. It's the most beautiful affordable to me (in second hand) Beovision. The only one competing, but out of my reach being the 14 with wooden grill.

Steph
Top 100 Contributor
France
1,059 Posts
Bronze Member
Steph replied on Sun, Nov 15 2020 8:52 AM

I also really like the Horizon, but it is very rare in 48 inch version and also much more expensive than the 40 inch version on the second hand market Sad

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
2,080 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sun, Nov 15 2020 9:04 AM
Price comparisons to the Horizon should also bear in mind that the Contour is an OLED, whereas the Horizon was a (not very good) LCD. To me that should account for about 1000 GBP/EUR of difference.

That all said, the Contour is so very uninspiring design wise, whereas the Horizon was pretty nice, albeit far from a classic.

andy_js
Top 500 Contributor
Englandshire
216 Posts
Gold Member
I’ll give B&O a B- for effort on the Contour and I think even that’s a bit generous.
tuxian
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member
tuxian replied on Sun, Nov 15 2020 10:31 AM

Steph:

I also really like the Horizon, but it is very rare in 48 inch version and also much more expensive than the 40 inch version on the second hand market Sad

I love the Horizon design too but the price tag and also subpar LCD quality makes it a no-go. Thus I did a "DIY" with a 48" OLED LG and a Stage, both mounted to the Horizon vertical Stand.

Though now I'm wondering whether it will be possible to buy the Stage Version of the Contour and use without the frame with an existing 48" LG, could look even better.

andy_js
Top 500 Contributor
Englandshire
216 Posts
Gold Member
andy_js replied on Sun, Nov 15 2020 10:58 AM
The Horizon is a modern classic. At least the stand on the Contour is an improvement over the horrible floor stand the Horizon had.
matador43
Top 75 Contributor
1,341 Posts
Bronze Member

andy_js:
The Horizon is a modern classic. At least the stand on the Contour is an improvement over the horrible floor stand the Horizon had.

I disagree. I find the trolley stand beautiful surprising and very B&O. The rotating stand a little less but still better design that this thick ugly contour stand.

Again, looks like "Almost B&O but not even close"

andy_js
Top 500 Contributor
Englandshire
216 Posts
Gold Member
andy_js replied on Sun, Nov 15 2020 12:57 PM
matador43:

I disagree. I find the trolley stand beautiful surprising and very B&O. The rotating stand a little less but still better design that this thick ugly contour stand.

I was talking about the rotating stand as you call it. I’ve got nothing against the trolley.
Steph
Top 100 Contributor
France
1,059 Posts
Bronze Member

The BV Contour stand is not bad. It reminds me of the static table stand for the BV-7 one.

BoboDK
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member
BoboDK replied on Mon, Nov 16 2020 5:27 PM

Wishful thinking, the stand is Bluetooth connected to the BR1 and motorized🤞🏽😄

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,324 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Wed, Nov 18 2020 11:07 PM

Just resurrecting this thread. So, when is the Contour released? 19 November?

Top 150 Contributor
505 Posts
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Thu, Nov 19 2020 7:09 AM

As of yet I haven’t seen any teaser or so from B&O. But can’t be far off since the tv is already in some shop windows.

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
723 Posts
Bronze Member

We saw the "Leaked" teaser is it now 2 week ago?

And they never actully used this teaser official?

FlatpanelsHD says that news will arrive today, so lets see.

Beovision Harmony 77" 2nd Gen, Beolab 5, Beolab 17, Beosound 1, Beoplay M3, Beoplay H6, Beoplay Earset, Beoliving Intelligence 

Page 9 of 21 (315 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL